CA Technologies Delivers Next Wave of Mainframe 2.0 Products and Programs
New Capabilities Help Customers Reduce Costs, Simplify Management and Increase Operational Efficiency
ISLANDIA, N.Y., June 29, 2011 – Responding to continued customer needs to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) of their mainframe platform, CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced enhanced products and programs aimed at reducing costs, simplifying management and improving operational efficiency.
“Lowering the total cost of computing is a priority for all IT organizations,” said Dayton Semerjian, general manager, Mainframe, CA Technologies. “The latest Mainframe 2.0 products and programs help them achieve that goal on the Mainframe by simplifying management, exploiting specialty processors and delivering services that drive operational efficiencies.”
New Mainframe 2.0 Software Deliveries
According to Gartner’s Market Share: All Software Markets, Worldwide, 2010 report, “based on total software revenue worldwide in 2010”*, CA Technologies ranked first or second in 21 strategic IT management software segments across mainframe and distributed environments.
CA Technologies new mainframe deliveries are designed to build on its market leadership by helping customers optimize management so they can control costs, sustain critical skills and increase IT agility.
The latest capabilities are delivered with new releases of mainframe and cross-enterprise Application Performance Management, DB2 for z/OS management tools, CA IDMS™ database management, CA Endevor® Software Change Management, CA Mainframe Software Manager™ (CA MSM) and 84 new additions to the Mainframe 2.0-enabled Mainframe Software Stack.
“We currently utilize CA Endevor SCM for all Mainframe software change management tasks and recently participated in the CA Endevor SCM V15.0 beta program,” said Joe Bigini, SCM Developer/Endevor Administrator for Aflac. “It was a breeze to install with CA MSM and we were very pleased with all of the new features – many of which were based upon customer requests.”
“The new mainframe web services feature will let us interface with both CA and non-CA products using these web services and ultimately reduce costs through the elimination of unnecessary platforms, additional software and resources,” continued Bigini. “Aflac will be taking advantage of the new features in CA Endevor SCM V15.0 in the next couple of months for all their SCM Mainframe activities — we are excited to be part of this cutting-edge technology and look forward to partnering with CA Technologies for all of our mainframe activities in the future.”
For additional customer comments, click here.
New Mainframe 2.0 product releases include:
• CA Mainframe Software Manager - already used by more than 400 customers who have reported up to 99.4 percent time savings in acquiring, deploying and maintaining CA products, CA MSM extends its Install Shield-like capabilities and automated processes geared to dramatically streamline software configuration.
• CA Mainframe Software Stack - adds 84 new or refreshed products, including 14 new product families, bringing the total number of products that leverage CA MSM and IBM hardware and operating system capabilities to enhance platform serviceability to 234. The stack offers customers improved operational efficiency and helps them maximize the value from their mainframe systems.
• CA Endevor Software Change Manager - includes new capabilities designed to simplify management and increase efficiency of IT staff, featuring enhanced CA MSM support, a modernized user interface and integration via web services to distributed solutions such as CA Clarity, CA Service Desk and smart phones.
• CA SYSVIEW® Performance Management - helps conserve system resources and improve cross-enterprise and mainframe efficiency via zIIP specialty engine exploitation and performance improvements. CA SYSVIEW enhancements extend to the CA Technologies cross-enterprise Application Performance Management solution that integrates CA SYSVIEW with CA Introscope®.
• CA IDMS™ - helps reduce hardware and software costs, and streamline operations with expanded zIIP specialty engine exploitation and full CA MSM support.
• CA Database Management solutions for DB2 for z/OS - designed to advance operational efficiency by streamlining time-intensive database administration, bolstering performance and adding to existing DB2 support, including DB2 v10.
The Mainframe 2.0 program also:
• Enhances the company’s Mainframe Software Rationalization Program, to help IT organizations who are consolidating software vendors achieve cost and efficiency savings without impacting service levels or losing management capabilities.
• Extends its Mainframe Value Program (MVP) to its distributed products, thus increasing the value of this no-charge consulting service to help customers optimize the use of existing CA products across the enterprise and recommending how they can maximize ROI.
• Continues to expand the number of products that are part of CA Recommended Service (CA RS), an automated service that helps CA Technologies customers keep up-to-date with tested preventive maintenance for their z/OS products. CA MSM can be used to further simplify and speed implementation of the updates.
For more information on CA Technologies Mainframe products and programs, please visit ca.com/mainframe.
*Gartner Market Share, "All Software Markets, Worldwide, 2010 report, April 2011."
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. IBM, z/OS and zIIP are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies. Some information in this document is based upon CA’s experiences with the referenced software product in a variety of development and customer environments. Past performance of the software product in such development and customer environments is not indicative of the future performance of such software product in identical, similar or different environments. CA does not warrant that the software product will operate as specifically set forth in this publication.