At CA Technologies, 100% of our employees receive performance reviews. From these, our company leadership identifies the top talent to engage in our three Leadership Development Programs. These create a pipeline of highly capable future leaders around the world. At the Senior and Executive VP levels, we use outside consultants for training and development, supported by our CEO and the Executive Management team.
Leadership Development Programs
- Accelerated Leadership Development Program — This is a six-month program with four one-day, in-person sessions, augmented by webcasts, readings and team and individual assignments. Topics cover all the dimensions of leadership, including character development and emotional intelligence; community, cultural and organizational contexts; and effective leadership styles.
- Global Future Leaders Development Program — This is a one-year program with two multi-day, in-person sessions, augmented by webcasts, readings and team and individual assignments. Topics include personal leadership, team leadership, change collaboration, personal growth, coaching and innovation.
- Global Leadership Development Program — This is a two-year program with six three-day, in-person sessions, augmented by webcasts, readings, team and individual assignments, coaching and mentoring. Topics include personal leadership; team leadership; initiating change and driving innovation; CA Technologies strategy; organizational learning and execution; leading through mergers and acquisitions; and general management.
Average Hours of Training
Employees are grouped into 13 bands. Following are the average hours of training completed per student in each band for 2010:
CA Technologies philosophy of compensation is to provide our employees with a compensation program that is market-focused, well-balanced and performance-based and provides incentives to deliver appropriately on both annual and long-term results. The objectives of the compensation program are to:
- align it with our business strategy and make it performance-based
- establish and maintain pay levels based upon a proper and equitable evaluation of the job, work performance and compensation paid within the marketplace
- attract and retain talented employees whose effort and judgment are vital to the continued success of the company
- achieve a balance between global consistency and local flexibility
Global Job Architecture
In 2008, CA Technologies undertook a significant effort to strategically align its job structure, job descriptions and job titles worldwide. The objectives of the project were to:
- address employee survey feedback regarding existing CA Technologies job structures and to increase clarity, transparency and fairness in individual career planning
- increase flexibility, productivity and accountability at CA Technologies through role clarity and definition
- align CA Technologies roles and positions with well-established industry and marketplace standards
- provide more direct and evident comparisons of internal jobs to external salary and compensation standards and benchmarks to increase fairness and objectivity
We also established the decision-making steps to govern and sustain this Global Job Architecture. The governance process was designed to provide a consistent, structured, fair and transparent method for any alterations to the CA Technologies Global Job Architecture.