The International Case Competition on Strategic Value of IT Management is a global case competition that brings together top students in business and information technology (IT) to demonstrate and evaluate the Strategic Value of IT Management for an organization.
Finals teams come from schools that have competed and won during the regional competition phase. The Finals take place every eighteen months at CA World, CA Technologies user conference.
2011 Winning Team: University of Calgary
Pictured is the team from the University of Calgary, winners of the third annual International Case Competition that took place at CA World 2011 in Las Vegas. Visa Inc. provided the case for the finals competition, along with sponsorship and judging support.
Left to right: William E. McCracken, Chief Executive Officer, CA Technologies, winning teammates Laura Higgins, Brian Eshpeter and Carolyn Nalder, and Matt Quinlan, Chief Technology Officer, Visa Inc.
On the left, Ravi Dhanwani, Telma Frege and Karthik Sekhar from the University of South Florida (Second Place), on the right Andreas Neilsen, Mads Wadstroem and Christian Refshauge from the Copenhagen Business School (Third Place)
The ten universities that competed in the Finals, November 14-15 at CA World 2011:
- Copenhagen Business School (Denmark) [video]
- Indian School of Business (India) [video]
- Indiana University (U.S.A.) [video]
- Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) [video] [interview]
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (India) [video]
- University of British Columbia (Canada)
- University of Calgary (Canada) [video] [interview]
- University of Cincinnati (U.S.A.)
- University of South Florida (U.S.A.) [video] [interview]
- Utrecht University (Netherlands) [video]
A fun video challenge was posed to the teams competing in the 2011 Finals. You may view these, as well as interviews with some of the teams, on YouTube by clicking the relevant links above.
For a list of all the teams who competed in the 2011 Regionals, please visit this page.
For more information on this competition, please contact Connie Smallwood, Vice President, Innovation and University Programs, CA Technologies.