Published: 19 Nov 2012
Your organization’s most critical applications and business services rely on IBM Informix databases. CA Nimsoft Monitor for Informix helps ensure databases, and the associated infrastructure, deliver the performance required.
Informix Monitoring that Yields Invaluable Insights
- Comprehensive Informix coverage.
CA Nimsoft Monitor gives you a comprehensive view of your entire Informix infrastructure, whether you’re looking to monitor a single database instance on a single server, or multiple instances on multiple server clusters. CA Nimsoft Monitor allows you to manage both local and remote database servers, so your Informix instances operate at peak efficiency, regardless of their location.
- Fast insights.
With its centralized view of all Informix instances and its sophisticated graphical user interface, CA Nimsoft Monitor enables you to quickly get the insights you need to optimize the performance and availability of your entire Informix infrastructure. CA Nimsoft Monitor offers granular capabilities for setting thresholds, polling schedules, and alarms—so you can ensure your team is notified of potential issues when needed.
- Efficient integration and administration.
CA Nimsoft Monitor makes setup and configuration fast and efficient. Using a standard interface, you can quickly define which database servers and instances are to be monitored, and how they’re to be monitored. Further, CA Nimsoft Monitor features templates that administrators can use to simplify configuration and automate ongoing administration tasks, significantly streamlining monitoring administration of large numbers of Informix servers.
Robust Informix Monitoring: The Benefits
- Improved performance and uptime.
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers flexible, sophisticated alerting capabilities that accelerate the identification of performance issues—enabling response before end user productivity is affected. Plus, with our PMDB, you can also track key historical performance metrics to intelligently assess performance trends and more effectively guard against potential issues.
- Enhanced resource optimization.
By delivering a centralized, cohesive view of performance, CA Nimsoft Monitor delivers invaluable insights into opportunities for better utilizing existing resources.
- Reduced monitoring administration cost and effort.
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers the flexibility, automation, and intuitive interface that significantly reduces the time and effort required to monitor Informix database environments.
In-Depth Informix Monitoring
Below is a list of metrics that CA Nimsoft Monitor for Informix can monitor:
- Logging the status of each Informix database
- Database free space (percent and MB)
- Buffer cache hit ratio for reads and writes
- Table extents and table size (MB)
- Users waiting for locks
- Chunk I/O read and write statistics
- Virtual CPU user- and system time
- Connectivity to the database server
- Uptime (in days) of the database server
Report generation is available for the following:
- Number of Informix databases
- Attempts to exceed the maximum number of locks and threads
- Failed attempts to allocate entries in the transaction table
- Number of times threads had to wait for a latch or a buffer
- Number of times sessions had to wait for a lock
- Number of times threads had to wait for critical section checkpoints
- Number of times potential deadlocks are detected and prevented
- Number of times distributed deadlock timeout is exceeded while user is waiting for lock
- Foreground writes, LRU writes and chunk writes
- Users waiting for locks
|MM Easily monitor local or remote environments
||See, assign, and close alarms. Fast.
||APIs and SDKs
|Accelerate problem resolution.
||Tailor the solution to meet your unique business requirements.
|Automatic Discovery & Deployment
||CA Nimsoft Portal
|Keep informed of changes to your infrastructure.
||Unified view of IT performance
||Flexible Pricing & Licensing
|Powerful out-of-box executive views
||Works with your budget, and your business.
|Gateways and 3rd Party Integration
||IT Service Level Management
|Integrate all of your IT management tools with ease.
||Set, meet, and exceed your SLAs.
||Rest assured that your solution is future ready.
||CA Nimsoft for iPhone
|Scale your services—efficiently and economically.
||A unified view, now in your pocket.
|On-Premise or SaaS
||Performance Management Database (PMDB)
|Flexibility to suit your business.
||Spot trends before they become problems.
||Usage-based Metering & Billing
|Keep private data private.
||Provide pay-as-you-grow scalability for your customers.
|Access the world’s largest collection of IT monitoring probes.