Published: 19 Nov 2012
CA Nimsoft ecoMeter gives IT and facilities staff a unified view of IT, power and cooling systems. Leveraging the industry-leading ecoMeter product from CA Technologies, this solution gives customers the comprehensive, practical capabilities they need to achieve greater availability, agility and efficiency in their data center and IT operations.
CA Nimsoft ecoMeter offers these features:
In-depth Coverage of Power Usage
CA Nimsoft ecoMeter provides insight into data center power usage by gathering metrics from meters, sensors and devices in real time. The solution monitors power, energy, temperature, humidity, airflow and more. CA Nimsoft ecoMeter gathers device metrics through a range of protocols, offering support for Modbus, SNMP, and BACnet communications. Because of this broad protocol support, CA Nimsoft ecoMeter can get power and environmental data from virtually any kind of system.
Unified Views of IT
As part of CA Nimsoft Monitor, CA Nimsoft ecoMeter gives organizations unified visibility into not only energy consumption and cooling information, but the end user experience, virtualized resources, cloud services and more. With this comprehensive, unified solution, IT administrators can improve infrastructure performance and boost operational efficiency.
Timely, Actionable Insights
CA Nimsoft ecoMeter enables administrators to collect real-time energy and environmental information across data centers, analyze it to identify issues and hot spots, alert users in the event of adverse conditions and report on consumption and usage. The solution offers these features:
- Intelligent alarm notification capabilities. With CA Nimsoft ecoMeter, alerts can be generated and delivered to the appropriate IT or facilities staff members, speeding remediation.
- Advanced calculation engine. The solution makes it easy to calculate measurements that encompass diverse and disparate systems, including such custom metrics as power usage effectiveness.
- Integrated billing reports. With CA Nimsoft ecoMeter, you can easily track and report on specific groups of devices to calculate not only kilowatts used per hour, but to calculate the cost of this energy usage. Consequently, enterprise IT can furnish reports that show business groups the cost of their power usage. MSPs can even leverage this capability to efficiently charge clients for power consumption. CA Nimsoft ecoMeter facilitates billing based on such attributes as maximum capacity, usage and peak hour load.
With these capabilities, organizations get greater value and financial transparency from their data center infrastructure.
Efficient Deployment and Administration
CA Nimsoft ecoMeter features template-driven configuration of facility and IT assets to accelerate initial implementation and ongoing inventory capture. For existing CA Nimsoft Monitor customers, getting started with CA Nimsoft ecoMeter is a simple, drag-and-drop exercise. Further, through its integration with CA Nimsoft Service Desk, events generated by CA Nimsoft ecoMeter can automatically generate service desk incidents, along with associated routing and escalation processes.
Insights that Fuel Improved Efficiency and Service Levels
With CA Nimsoft ecoMeter, organizations can realize these benefits:
- Improve service quality through enhanced service uptime and faster response to changing capacity demands.
- Reduce risk by minimizing service interruption and SLA violations.
- Control cost by minimizing energy consumption and reducing new infrastructure investments through optimized utilization of existing capacity and resources.
- Respond faster by more rapidly diagnosing and responding to power-related issues.
- Boost revenues and departmental accountability through usage-based billing reports.
Comprehensive Coverage of Power and Cooling Availability
CA Nimsoft ecoMeter offers support for a comprehensive range of calculations, including:
- Total PDU power, total generator power, CRAC power, total consumption power, total power quality meter power, total diesel generator power, electric board power, power usage effectiveness, total IT load, total non IT load, total DC load.
CA Nimsoft ecoMeter offers templates for the following devices, with additional device types being added over time:
- Modbus devices. Cyberex breaker, E-Mon Power Quality Meter, Eaton PDU, FM200 Fire Panel, ION PDU, Schneider Electric Power Quality Meter, Siemens PDU.
- SNMP devices. APC Rack PDU, APC Env Rack PDU, APC UPS, PDI PDU, Liebert PDU, Trane Opto CRAC.