Published: 20 Nov 2012
Your networks are increasingly complex and interconnected. Poor router and switch performance can choke otherwise healthy application infrastructure. CA Nimsoft Monitor for Routers and Switches automatically discovers and reports on the performance of your critical network infrastructure, allowing you to optimize network performance and maintain end user response times.
Monitor Routers and Switches
CA Nimsoft Monitor makes it easy to monitor the performance of large, distributed network environments. CA Nimsoft Monitor gathers a wealth of availability and performance metrics—without requiring any agents or other software to be added to your network devices.
CA Nimsoft Monitor for Routers and Switches works on a broad set of devices and interfaces, and provides details on:
- Interface/port status and bandwidth utilization
- interface operational status
- “Dead” lines (no traffic)
- Discarded packets
- Error packets
- Queue length
- Average traffic in/out
- Average errors in/out
- Routing tables and table queries
- SNMP MIB object query
- Interface auto discovery
- “Profile-based” poll and alarm definition
- Customizable alert messages
- Monitors the number of octets transmitted over the interface including framing characters.
- Alerts when traffic exceeds % utilization or bytes/sec over a defined period of time.
- Alerts when interface has ‘no’ traffic on inbound, outbound, or both interfaces over a defined period of time.
- Monitors the number of packets that could not be transmitted because of errors.
- Alerts when the number of packets (with errors) per second exceeds a defined threshold.
- Monitors the number of discarded packets.
- Alerts when the number of discarded packets/sec exceeds a defined threshold.
- Monitors the length of the output packet queue (in packets).
- Alerts when the number of packets in the queue exceeds a defined threshold.
- Monitors the current operational state of the interface. A ‘down’ state indicates that no packets can be passed.
- Alerts when interface is ‘expected to be up’, but instead is in down state.
- Alerts when interface is ‘expected to be down’, but instead is in an up state.
|MM Easily monitor local or remote environments
||See, assign, and close alarms. Fast.
||APIs and SDKs
|Accelerate problem resolution.
||Tailor the solution to meet your unique business requirements.
|Automatic Discovery & Deployment
||CA Nimsoft Portal
|Keep informed of changes to your infrastructure.
||Unified view of IT performance
||Flexible Pricing & Licensing
|Powerful out-of-box executive views
||Works with your budget, and your business.
|Gateways and 3rd Party Integration
||IT Service Level Management
|Integrate all of your IT management tools with ease.
||Set, meet, and exceed your SLAs.
||Rest assured that your solution is future ready.
||CA Nimsoft for iPhone
|Scale your services—efficiently and economically.
||A unified view, now in your pocket.
|On-Premise or SaaS
||Performance Management Database (PMDB)
|Flexibility to suit your business.
||Spot trends before they become problems.
||Usage-based Metering & Billing
|Keep private data private.
||Provide pay-as-you-grow scalability for your customers.
|Access the world’s largest collection of IT monitoring probes.