Published: 20 Nov 2012
The tightly integrated, dynamic, and fluid nature of XenServer virtualization environments can present significant challenges for legacy monitoring tools. To effectively and efficiently meet uptime requirements and SLAs for critical services running in XenServer environments, you need a comprehensive set of event, alarm, and performance monitoring capabilities. CA Nimsoft Monitor for Citrix XenServer delivers this core set of capabilities.
Intelligent, Comprehensive XenServer Monitoring
CA Nimsoft Monitor offers a host of features that make it ideally suited to XenServer environments:
- Agentless implementation—using remote management interfaces for data collection.
- APIs and gateways that allow integration of Citrix XenServer monitoring with your data center tools and wider environment.
- Automated discovery of virtual elements within the environment—including resource pools, physical hosts, and VM guests.
- Automated configuration, deployment of monitoring to VM guests based on VM guest parameters.
- Automated display of monitoring data using configurable, template-based list views.
Practical, intuitive insights:
- Persistent, cohesive, and accurate monitoring view of fluid virtualized environments.
- Alerts, trending, and real time intelligence support proactive problem prevention, and fast detection and correction of issues when they occur.
- When combined with additional CA Nimsoft Monitor components, provides the granular, correlated views needed to ensure complex, mission critical business services deliver the performance and availability required.
- Sophisticated usage tracking and reporting enables effective communication of business value.
XenServer Monitoring Insights that Fuel Business Benefits
When used with additional elements of the CA Nimsoft Monitor solution, the same platform can be used to monitor service levels and application metrics—so you can effectively meet and keep service level agreements. With these capabilities, CA Nimsoft Monitor allows you to:
- Ensure optimal service levels for applications hosted within the virtualized environment by having a complete view of your underlying infrastructure and application performance.
- Streamline monitoring administration with a single view and solution.
- Better track and demonstrate the business value of IT and private cloud investments with usage metering.
- Speed troubleshooting by quickly identifying the source of an issue, no matter where in the infrastructure it resides, to minimize outages and outage duration.
- Proactively prevent outages by using CA Nimsoft Monitor to forecast trends, identify potential issues, and take steps to prevent them—before they affect users.
- XenServer 5.5
- XenServer 5.0
- XenServer 4.x
Note: Most metrics apply to either host or VM only
- CPU Model, CPU Vendor, Hostname, Number of PBDs, Number of Physical Network Interfaces, Number of VMs, PIF Read Throughput, PIF Write Throughput, Software Version, State of Host, OS Version, Virtual Machine Name, Virtual Machine Start Time, Virtual Machine State
- CPU Model, CPU Vendor, Number of CPUs, CPU Clock Speed (per CPU) , Host CPU Utilization (per CPU) , Number of Virtual CPUs, Total Virtual CPU Utilization
- Free Memory, Total Memory, Used Memory, Actual Memory, Max Memory (Dynamic) , Max Memory (Static)
- Storage Type (per Disk) , Free Space (per Disk) , Used Space (per Disk) , Total Space (per Disk) , Virtual Allocation, VBD Status Code, VBD Status Detail, VBD Read Throughput, VBD Write Throughput
- Number of Physical Network Interfaces, PIF Gateway (per interface) , PIF IP Address (per interface) , PIF MAC Address (per interface) , PIF MTU (per interface) , PIF Netmask (per interface) , PIF Read Throughput (per interface) , PIF Write Throughput (per interface) , PIF Speed (per interface) , PIF Status (per interface) , VIF MAC, VIF MTU, VIF Status Code, VIF Status Detail, VIF Read Throughput, VIF Write Throughput
|MM Easily monitor local or remote environments
||See, assign, and close alarms. Fast.
||APIs and SDKs
|Accelerate problem resolution.
||Tailor the solution to meet your unique business requirements.
|Automatic Discovery & Deployment
||CA Nimsoft Portal
|Keep informed of changes to your infrastructure.
||Unified view of IT performance
||Flexible Pricing & Licensing
|Powerful out-of-box executive views
||Works with your budget, and your business.
|Gateways and 3rd Party Integration
||IT Service Level Management
|Integrate all of your IT management tools with ease.
||Set, meet, and exceed your SLAs.
||Rest assured that your solution is future ready.
||CA Nimsoft for iPhone
|Scale your services—efficiently and economically.
||A unified view, now in your pocket.
|On-Premise or SaaS
||Performance Management Database (PMDB)
|Flexibility to suit your business.
||Spot trends before they become problems.
||Usage-based Metering & Billing
|Keep private data private.
||Provide pay-as-you-grow scalability for your customers.
|Access the world’s largest collection of IT monitoring probes.