It's a simple law of supply and demand — the talent pool for mainframe technologies is diminishing, while demand for mainframe systems is growing. The result? Organizations lack the in-house skills or knowledge to manage a complex mainframe environment which is running mission-critical applications.
The solution: Mainframe Academy with CA Technologies.
Mainframe Academy is an accelerated, vendor-agnostic program that arms your IT professionals with core programming skills to manage your mainframe environment.
Mainframe Academy with CA Technologies allows you to:
- Help solve the mainframe talent gaps in the workforce
- Gain immediate access to mainframe skills
- Expand cross-training of employee skill base for succession planning
- Increase in-house competency in z/OS programming skills
- Improve the ability to detect and troubleshoot issues before they impact the business
Mainframe Academy delivers a unique, flexible blend of instructor-led, web-based and self-paced learning. Students learn basic mainframe skills including:
- Perform basic programming and application development in z/OS
- Issue Job-level commands for z/OS job output
- Partition z/OS in a real and virtual environment
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Issue JES commands for batch jobs, monitor those jobs, and analyze problems
- Create, copy, delete and change datasets
- Use TSO/ISPF to allocate and delete datasets
- Navigate the ISPF menu structure
- Use Job Control Language statement syntax and format
- Create and use JCL procedures
- Issue SDSF system-level commands
- Use basic REXX keyword commands
- Identify REXX functions and their usage