CA Mainframe Software Manager Rapidly Adopted by Global Mainframe Community
Key Mainframe 2.0 Innovation Surpasses 300 Installations Customers & Analysts Herald Dramatic Productivity Increases and Time Savings
Core News Facts
1. More than 300 customers have successfully implemented CA Mainframe Software Manager (CA MSM)
2. Customers are reporting time savings of up to 99.4%, leveraging the simplified user interface and automated processes
3. One customer installed 70 products in just 7 hours versus 50 days without MSM, another cut software maintenance time by 80%, a third reduced product install time by 400 percent, still another cut out ¾ of a day to manually administrate tape and activity management
ISLANDIA, N.Y., November 3, 2010 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that CA MSM surpassed over 300 installations helping customers increase productivity and cut costs by leveraging Install shield -like capabilities and process automation to help both experts and novices simplify the software acquisition, installation, and deployment of CA Technologies mainframe products.
A key innovation in delivering on CA Technologies Mainframe 2.0 strategy, CA MSM customers around the world including Tieto, International Software Products and Garanti Technology report dramatic reductions — as much as 99.4% — in the amount of time they spend installing and updating CA Technologies products.*
Industry analysts, including EMA and Clabby Analytics have also published research about the customer benefits of CA MSM.
CA Technologies ‘Mainframe 2.0’ management strategy helps organizations to maximize platform value and workforce agility by simplifying its management through integration, automation, and modernization.
“As they seek to respond more quickly to changing business needs, organizations are demanding greater agility from IT, increased operational efficiencies and reduced cost,” said Dayton Semerjian, general manager, Mainframe, CA Technologies. “With CA MSM, we are helping customers meet these needs by simplifying the implementation and ongoing maintenance of our mainframe management solutions.”
Businesses are focused on sustaining critical mainframe skills and ensuring they have staff in place to support the current platform, now and into the future. With CA MSM, customers are reporting that they have been able to help achieve these goals by:
• Accelerating time to benefit for new mainframe technologies, like the new z/OS operating environment
• Proving that critical maintenance tasks are carried out quickly and effectively
• Increasing staff productivity, freeing them up for activities more strategic to the business.
• Reducing the impact of industry skills shortage, by reducing the ramp-up time for newer staff
• Leveraging CA MSM’s open design to import SMP/E information about software products from other mainframe ISV’s, and managing the application of maintenance to those products.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2010 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
*Some information in this press release is based upon CA and customer experiences with the referenced software product in a variety of development and customer environments. Past performance of the software product in such development and customer environments is not indicative of the future performance of such software product in identical, similar or different environments. CA does not warrant that the software product will operate as specifically set forth in this press release.