CA Technologies Named a Leader in Carbon and Energy Management Software by Independent Analyst Firm
ISLANDIA, N.Y., November 17, 2010 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that it has been named a leader in carbon and energy management software by Verdantix, an independent analyst firm focused on sustainable business strategies and market opportunities.
The Verdantix report, titled “Green Quadrant: Carbon and Energy Management Software, 2010,” involved research comprising an assessment of the offerings, market momentum, leadership and proven track record of firms that offer carbon and energy management software.
“CA Technologies has emerged as a leader in carbon and energy management software,” said David Metcalfe, CEO at Verdantix. “They have the worldwide presence and scale, innovative technology and strategic vision for sustainability which has driven growth in the adoption of CA ecoSoftware by enterprises.”
According to the report, CA Technologies stands out from the crowd in the innovative project and portfolio management category. The company was also cited for the momentum and strength of its services partnerships.
According to the report, “firms with big sustainability ambitions should turn to the best resourced software providers that have the organizational resources, IT implementation know how and services partnerships to support a large-scale implementation.”
CA Technologies energy, carbon and sustainability management solution – CA ecoSoftware – is designed to help organizations reduce carbon emissions, manage natural resource consumption, cut energy costs and deliver on environmental goals. CA ecoSoftware helps companies address the following areas:
• Sustainability Management: align sustainability initiatives with organizational goals, monitor projects and track progress with KPIs for more effective execution of sustainability programs.
• Carbon Management: help enhance organizational efficiency, lower energy costs, and reduce environmental impacts by measuring, reporting and analyzing carbon emissions, energy use, and the consumption of other resources.
• Environmental Assessments: evaluate the environmental performance of the business and supply chain through the use of web-based surveys for analysis and reporting.
• Operational Energy Management: help reduce costs by measuring, reporting and monitoring energy, power and other environmental variables through the collection of real-time data from meters and sensors in buildings and datacenters.
“This recognition of our leadership in carbon and energy management software is an acknowledgment of our work to help customers use innovative technology to address the challenges which sustainability, power capacity limitations and energy costs present businesses today,” said Terrence Clark, general manager, CA ecoSoftware, CA Technologies. “CA ecoSoftware can help organizations align sustainability initiatives with business goals, automate processes across geographic and functional boundaries, and accelerate their energy and corporate sustainability efforts.”
In addition to helping customers meet their environmental goals, CA Technologies utilizes CA ecoSoftware for tracking, managing and reporting on its own sustainability program. As a result of the company’s progress in its commitments to being an environmentally responsible company, CA Technologies was recently ranked among the top 50 Greenest Companies in an analysis of the 500 largest U.S. companies by Newsweek magazine and was named a Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index Leader.
To learn more about CA Technologies energy, carbon and sustainability solutions, visit:
• On the Web: http://www.ca.com/us/energy-sustainability-management.aspx
• Product demo: http://www.ca.com/us/collateral/demos/na/ca-ecosoftware.aspx
• Energy & Sustainability Perspectives Blog: http://community.ca.com/blogs/greenit
• On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/CAecoSoftware
Verdantix’s report, “Green Quadrant: Carbon and Energy Management Software 2010” is available to Verdantix clients at www.verdantix.com.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2010 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.