CA Technologies Launches Channel Initiative to Support CA Virtual Portfolio
Partners Can Now More Effectively Leverage CA Virtualization Management Products to Help Customers Overcome Virtual Stall and Increase Business Agility
ISLANDIA, N.Y., February 15, 2011 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) today announced the launch of the CA Partner Solution Center, a channel initiative for the CA Virtual
portfolio. The Center offers partners an extensive array of partner-specific sales, marketing, and technical assets to support their efforts to resell and augment their virtualization practice with CA Virtual products.
These materials will help enable partners to differentiate their offerings by using the CA Virtual portfolio to help virtualization administrators overcome virtual stall and increase business agility by provisioning, controlling, assuring, securing, and optimizing virtual environments.
CA Technologies is offering a limited-time promotion. Until June 30, 2011, current and prospective partners and customers can purchase up to 25 physical sockets of CA Virtual Assurance, CA Virtual Automation and/or CA Virtual Configuration for only the cost of one year of maintenance. Additional requirements apply. See the Terms and Conditions for the promotion in the CA Partner Solution Center for details.
“Virtualizing tier one and two applications requires confidence, visibility into the environment, predictive performance monitoring, automation, scalability, organizational alignment, and extensive training. CA Technologies channel partners play a key role in all of these areas,” said Roger Pilc, general manager, Virtualization and Automation, CA Technologies. “With the CA Virtual portfolio in their toolkits, partners can show clear differentiated value and gain access to a suite of technology that can be leveraged to create and deliver new services to their customers.”
“The CA Virtual portfolio complements many of the platform tools we sell. It offers features critical for expanding virtualization rollouts and managing critical applications in a virtual environment,” said Joe Burke, vice president, Arrow Enterprise Computing Solutions, a business segment of Arrow Electronics Inc. and value-added distributor for CA Technologies. “This CA Virtual channel initiative aligns with our commitment to enable resellers to have more strategic and high-value conversations with their customers, to drive profitability in their virtualization practice.”
The CA Virtual portfolio, which is lightweight and easy to deploy and manage, helps drive virtualization maturity by offering powerful, heterogeneous management of virtualization environments. The CA Technologies solutions augment virtualization platform vendors’ management tools, such as VMware vCenter™, VMware vSphere® and Microsoft® Systems Center, by discovering and working with the tools to perform key tasks. For example:
• CA Virtual Assurance provides a rich topology and root-cause analytics to help ensure that IT can quickly and easily track down faults in the virtual environment to preempt application and infrastructure performance problems and downtime.
• CA Virtual Automation is designed to quickly and easily provision VM templates into VMware® vSphere™, Microsoft® Hyper-V™, or even Amazon EC2™ environments from a centralized self-service interface. It also provides advanced resource pooling optimization technology to help ensure that key applications always have the resources they need while simultaneously driving higher utilization and ROI from virtualization.
• CA Virtual Configuration helps ensure compliance by actively maintaining configuration information and automatically triggering remediation actions when confronted with non-compliant configurations. It can improve time-to-value by employing out of the box blueprints to recognize applications without customization.
CA Technologies also offers solutions for two other key virtualization challenges: capacity management and security.
• CA Virtual Privilege Manager is designed to secure privileged user access to virtual machines, hypervisor service consoles, and virtual appliances - helping organizations control privileged user actions, secure access to the virtual environment, and comply with industry mandates.
• Hyperformix capacity management is designed to automatically gather critical performance and usage data to predict the needs of applications entering a virtual environment. This helps administrators to plan virtualization rollouts and optimize resource allocation without any downtime.
“CA Technologies is committed to sharing best practices for prospecting, positioning, demonstrating, and selling its virtualization management solutions,” added Pilc. “Most of all, we are committed to helping partners gain the trust of their customers with the solutions and services needed to drive additional value and revenue.”
To learn more about partnering with CA Technologies to drive the value of virtualization, e-mail CApartners@ca.com.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. VMware, VMware vCenter, and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. Microsoft and Microsoft Hyper-V are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Amazon EC2 is a trademark of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.