CA Technologies Next-Generation Mainframe Management Enhances IT Agility in the Hybrid Datacenter and the Cloud
Helps Mainstream the Mainframe and Maximize its Value in Evolving IT Infrastructures
LAS VEGAS, November 15, 2011 -- CA WORLD -- CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced its Next-Generation Mainframe Management
strategy, designed to address the most pressing customer needs to reduce costs, sustain critical skills, and increase IT agility in the hybrid data center and the cloud.
“Our Next-Generation Mainframe Management strategy focuses on increasing IT agility by delivering ground-breaking innovation across every facet of mainframe management,” said Dayton Semerjian, general manager, Mainframe, CA Technologies. “This strategic focus also expands our cross-enterprise management capabilities, to help accelerate cost savings and improve productivity as the IT workforce converges from platform-based silos into a unified management team.”
With the Next-Generation Mainframe Management strategy, CA Technologies plans to deliver innovative solutions that:
• Embrace the IBM® zEnterprise™ hybrid architecture;
• Enable the mainframe in private and hybrid clouds;
• Empower the multi-platform, converging IT workforce;
• Extend management to support multi-vendor environments.
“As companies move to a private/hybrid cloud-based strategy, mainframes running mission-critical data, applications, and services need to move with them,” said Tim Grieser, Program Vice President, IDC. “CA Technologies Next-Generation Mainframe Management, by enabling cloud computing on the mainframe, will bridge the gap between cross-platform cloud computing and the security, speed and reliability of mainframe transaction processing and data access.”
Enhancements to CA Technologies mainframe solutions include:
• Expanding its revolutionary management workspace, CA Mainframe Chorus, a graphically rich, role-based approach to managing mainframe workloads, to include:
− Two new roles for Security and Compliance and Storage Management, announced today;
− New releases of the Chorus platform and the DB2 for z/OS Database Management role, also announced today;
− The base for development of seamless, cross-platform management solutions.
• Integrating cross-platform management for application performance and process automation, to help IT proactively manage services across the enterprise. For example, with the CA Cross Enterprise Application Performance Management solution, IT can trace transactions through distributed and mainframe environments, across virtualized and physical systems within the firewall and into the cloud.
Future plans include creating a design and private/hybrid cloud platform designed to enable System z customers to build and manage services that help:
• Reduce operations costs and time-to-value for new applications;
• Add portability and interoperation of management applications across the enterprise and with service providers;
• Provide mainframe-based, cross-platform business service innovation to truly enable enterprise cloud computing.
With its comprehensive management strategy, CA Technologies deepens its commitment to deliver innovative solutions designed to increase IT agility now and into the future, and help customers control costs and sustain critical skills including:
• Mainframe Value Program, a free assessment that helps customers maximize the value of the CA software they already own.
• Mainframe Software Rationalization Program, which helps organizations minimize costs by consolidating multiple vendors’ software into a standardized, integrated management stack.
• Support for specialty processors and zLinux, enabling customers to realize additional cost savings.
• Modernizing and simplifying mainframe management for the converging IT workforce with its CA Mainframe Software Manager and CA Mainframe Chorus.
• Delivering education via the CA Mainframe Academy for the next-generation IT workforce.
"Today's announcement from CA Technologies helps demonstrate the value of zEnterprise to our mutual clients,” said Greg Lotko, vice president and business line executive for System z at IBM. “The industry’s ongoing innovations in System z, such as the investments from CA Technologies, is another example of how the mainframe ecosystem is stronger than ever.”
This news supports customers as they transition from simply managing IT to delivering business services. CA Technologies applies a unique value roadmap to each customer’s business goals to deliver Business Service Innovation: new levels of speed, innovation, performance and cost/risk efficiencies.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. IBM, z/OS, IBM zEnterprise and System z are trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.