CA Technologies Unleashes Next Generation of Application Performance Management
Industry’s First and Only Unified Application, Infrastructure and Network Performance Solution Helps Put Customers Firmly in Control of the End-User Experience
ISLANDIA, N.Y., December 13, 2011 – CA Technologies has unleashed the next generation of application performance management with the availability of CA Application Performance Management (CA APM) 9.1, the industry’s first and only unified application, infrastructure and network performance solution. CA APM gives customers better control of the end-user experience by providing improved visibility across hybrid-cloud infrastructure.
“Unlike vendor offerings that require multiple domain tools and costly IT resources, CA APM is a single product designed to deliver a complete, 360-degree view of the end-user experience by linking business transaction performance to the dependent application, network and infrastructure components,” said Mike Sargent, general manager, Service Assurance, CA Technologies. “This comprehensive view empowers customers to be in complete control of the end-user experience, and rapidly isolate, diagnose and resolve problems across disparate technology silos.”
Powered by its unique transaction model, CA APM provides a single source-of-truth on business transaction performance that helps customers to:
• Get better control of the end-user experience with an increased understanding of how application, network and infrastructure components affect service quality; how effective the network is at delivering applications to users; and how well the hybrid-cloud infrastructure is delivering against business objectives and SLAs;
• Boost IT productivity and increase collaboration among diverse IT teams responsible for assuring optimal performance of revenue-generating services, avoiding expensive and time-consuming war-room approaches to problem resolution; and
• Adapt to constantly changing IT environments and simplify management of complex, composite application infrastructures by monitoring all transactions from start-to-finish across physical, hybrid-cloud and mainframe environments.
“More than ever, an enterprise’s online presence is mission-critical for customer acquisition and retention, revenue generation, customer service, and positive brand equity,” said Andy Schroepfer, vice president, enterprise strategy, Rackspace. “For that reason, our Rackspace® Critical Sites offering is leveraging CA APM and other service assurance solutions from CA Technologies to accelerate enterprise IaaS and PaaS initiatives. Intertwining CA APM for optimizing the application performance into our complete hosting solution enables us to improve service quality, predictability and efficiency.”
With its holistic view, CA APM is supporting customers as they transition to delivering business services versus simply managing IT components. CA APM provides the critical “assure” element in the Business Service Innovation value roadmap customized for each customer’s business goals: new levels of speed, innovation, performance and cost/risk efficiencies.
Key new features and benefits of CA APM include:
Get Complete Control of the End-User Experience
• Unified End-User Experience Monitoring: Unifies end-user experience and network performance monitoring through a single appliance that provides a single source-of-truth on how network behavior impacts the end-user experience, making it faster and easier to identify, diagnose and resolve transaction performance problems caused by the network.
• Expanded Support for Adobe Flex and Non-Web Applications: Expands visibility into and monitoring of Flex and non-Web applications to provide a more complete view of the end-user experience across a broad range of Web, non-Web and rich Internet applications.
Enhance Visibility AcrossHybrid-Cloud Infrastructure
• Infrastructure-Aware Application Triage: Expands visibility into dependent hybrid-cloud infrastructure components to quickly identify, diagnose and resolve transaction performance problems caused by networks, servers and databases. Performance data and infrastructure events are presented in an intuitive graphical map that provides a 360-degree view of components impacting the end-user experience, empowering organizations to accelerate problem resolution, boost IT productivity and increase collaboration among diverse IT teams.
• Private-Cloud Application Triage: Expands visibility into virtual infrastructure to proactively identify, diagnose and resolve transaction performance issues in private-cloud environments. Performance data and virtual infrastructure events are presented in the same intuitive graphical map to pinpoint and fix problems before end-users and revenue-generating services are affected.
Optimize and Simplify APM for Rapid Time-to-Value and Higher ROI
• Lean Agent: Optimizes the industry-leading CA APM agent technology to run even more efficiently and effectively in large, production and pre-production environments.
• Bullet-Proof Management: Strengthens and optimizes the CA APM Enterprise Manager for large, heterogeneous and complex hybrid-cloud environments to deliver even more value and higher ROI.
CA APM monitors all web and non-web transactions in real time as they traverse the hybrid-cloud infrastructure (physical, virtual, cloud and mainframe) to help proactively identify, diagnose and resolve problems before end users are affected and assure service-delivery levels meet business objectives. By mapping all transactions to the supporting infrastructure, CA APM provides a thorough understanding of the end-user experience that allows application support and network operations teams to pinpoint failing components and bottlenecks quickly, identify high-value transactions that may be at risk and prioritize incidents based on business impact. This business-centric approach delivers the vital visibility required to optimize the performance of critical transactions and revenue-generating services, and put customers firmly in control of the end-user experience.
For more on CA APM, visit:
• Brochures and White Papers
• Industry Analyst Reports
• Product Demonstration
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Learn more about CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2013 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.