ISLANDIA, NY, February 1, 2012 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced new CA ERwin products and releases that help a wider audience of stakeholders accurately visualize data assets across the enterprise, from on-premise platforms to the cloud.
Today’s resource-strapped organizations struggle to manage data complexity and share accurate information as new platforms and increasing volumes of data are added to their IT environments. With CA ERwin data modeling tools, business and technical users can reap the benefits of a centralized, common view of business data in context—enabling them to better understand and enforce critical data definitions and more easily leverage information as a strategic asset.
Today’s announcements include:
• CA ERwin® Data Modeler for SQL Azure, a new solution that helps customers manage and integrate their Microsoft SQL Azure cloud database environments. Using familiar modeling paradigms, it provides visibility into data assets and the complex relationships between them—enabling customers to remain in constant control of their database architectures even as they move to public, private and hybrid IT environments.
• CA ERwin® Web Portal, another new solution that enables organizations to get more value out of their data, providing full visibility into the metadata that describes the business context of data assets—including definitions, structures and relationships between data. This clear and complete insight also helps IT better manage and mitigate the risk associated with data-related change.
• CA ERwin® Data Modeler r8.2, which facilitates collaboration across the enterprise with new concurrent licensing and Active Model template functionality. Concurrent licensing enables users to more easily share and manage licenses across the organization, which is especially useful for large enterprises with automated software distribution and/or distributed modeling teams. New Active Model templates make it easier to share and reuse model objects across models while leveraging existing data assets—driving additional cost savings and quality improvements from modeling initiatives.
Products in the CA ERwin family are highly interoperable. For example, CA ERwin Data Modeler can graphically define the structure and meaning of information to help improve data quality and data management efficiency for both on-premise or cloud databases. The CA ERwin Web Portal can then share that information with a wide variety of stakeholders through next-generation visualization and analysis techniques.
“IT is under relentless pressure to rapidly deliver new business services across an ever-changing landscape of old and new platforms,” said Mike Crest, general manager, Data Management, CA Technologies. “By providing essential data management capabilities to the full range of users who need them, CA ERwin empowers IT to meet its escalating challenges with a new level of control, reliability and efficiency.”
CA Technologies is the global market share leader in data modeling tools, based on 2010 revenues, according to IDC.*
“As they consider building systems in the cloud, customers are very concerned about security, privacy and the potential loss of control of critical data assets,” said Shawn Giordano, vice president of sales at TechXtend / Programmer's Paradise, a VAR 500-recognized IT solutions provider in North America. “With the new CA ERwin Data Modeler for SQL Azure, customers can make much more confident decisions about which elements to move to the cloud and which elements to keep on-premise—using the same tool they already use to map their existing business systems.”
“With release 8.2, CA ERwin is an even stronger platform for Data Governance and Master Data Management initiatives, as it allows for the clear definition and auditing of staff roles, data governance processes, business rules, and metadata resources enterprise-wide,” said Renato Comes, sales and marketing director at TecnetDati, a leading IT consulting firm based in Italy.
“Cloud computing is often associated with rapid development and deployment, but is sometimes interpreted as a license to cut corners on analysis and design,” said Dale Vile, CEO and managing director at Freeform Dynamics Ltd. “As more people look to cloud-based environments such as SQL Azure, tools that allow developers to move quickly, but without sacrificing structure and discipline, have an important role to play.”
CA ERwin is available exclusively through global channel partners. To join a community of more than 70,000 worldwide CA ERwin users, please visit http://erwin.com/community/.
CA ERwin resources:
• CA ERwin Launch Event Webcast
• “Let’s Get Down to Business” Webinar Series
• CA ERwin Data Modeler for SQL Azure Product Page
• CA ERwin Web Portal Product Page
• Whitepaper Library
• Video Library
*IDC, “Worldwide Modeling and Architecture Tools 2011-2015 Forecast and 2010 Vendor Shares,” Document No. 229399, August 2011.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2012 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Phone: (804) 815-8377