CA Workload Automation ESP Edition
(formerly CA Workload Automation EE )
A dynamic workload scheduler that minimizes batch window for optimal performance
Hosted on z Systems, CA Workload Automation ESP Edition (ESP) provides a single point of control to define, monitor and manage scheduled and event-based workloads across all enterprise applications and platforms. It provides an automation platform that is easy to use, install and manage. An object oriented architecture reduces and simplifies scheduling definitions allowing operations or application development teams to easily define schedules and calendars once and reuse them many times.
Customers are choosing CA over the competition because ESP delivers:
- Throughput optimization - process workloads much faster than competitive tools because of its advanced architecture. This minimizes workload delays and speeds business data processing.
- Un-interrupted availability and business recoverability - Local and remote high-availability capabilities monitors and manages itself, and can also send notifications when unrecoverable problems occur. This reduces the likelihood of any catastrophic event interrupting your scheduling service.
- Ease of use - reduce the time-to-market for new applications by enabling automation from the initial design of the application, through the testing and execution of the production application.
Cross-Enterprise Application Support
CA Workload Automation ESP Edition extends automation capabilities to a wide variety of processing platforms to integrate business processing with workload management through CA Workload Automation Agents.
Additional extensions of CA Workload Automation ESP Edition include:
- CA Workload Automation Service Governor ESP Edition - A unique performance management extension that acts as real-time workload and resource administrator. This provides critical intelligence needed to balance business priorities, IT services and IT resources to meet business service management goals.
- CA Workload Automation High Availability ESP Edition – An extension that helps organizations improve uptime of business processing and insures against disaster with automatic failover from one machine or LPAR to another. It ensures that workloads run uninterrupted as the system automatically reroutes communications traffic from other servers and agents to the new, primary CA Workload Automation ESP Edition environment.
Numbers to Know
With CA Workload Automation customers can see quantified benefits as much as:
222% ROI and a payback of 11 months
50% reduction in effort to manage workloads
37% improvement in IT administrative staff productivity
Source: CA Technologies ROI & Business Value Analytics Team, November 2014
- Multi-platform scheduling from a single point of control
- Dynamically initiate workload processes using passive event sensor technology
- Built-in simulation, reporting and visualization tools
- Designed to ensure consistent and reliable service delivery
- Understand the business impact of job failures before they disrupt critical business services
- Enhances business responsiveness with easy to use self service capabilities
More details >
Heard from the experts about the latest trends in CA Workload Automation?
Check out the webcast library.
Workload Automation Community
Join our CA Workload Automation community to connect with your colleagues and industry experts and discuss a wide array of topics, including industry trends, as well as common CA Workload Automation components like Agents, Advanced Integrations and Analytics.
Visit our community >