Interrupting the Control and Flow of CA Datacom
To: CA Datacom Customers
From: The CA Datacom Product Team
Subject: Alert Regarding Control and Flow of Datacom
On behalf of CA, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we are providing you with this alert of a potential problem, thereby affording you the opportunity to avoid its occurrence.
CA has become aware of at least one instance in which a CA Datacom customer installed a third-party software product that inserted itself into the middle of the "control and flow" of CA Datacom. In this particular case, the insertion of the third party code was accomplished by replacing one of the CA Datacom modules that had been loaded into a CA Datacom region.
Unfortunately, use of this method rendered that environment unsupportable by the CA Datacom staff, as would the use of any other method that does not follow the accepted practices and inserts or replaces code in the CA Datacom environment. The use of third-party code in this manner eliminates CA's ability to reproduce any error which you might experience.
When presented with this situation, before being able to provide support, CA would need the customer to:
- Remove the third party product from the CA Datacom environment;
- Restore the CA Datacom environment to its delivered normal form;
- Restore any application that is calling CA Datacom so that it uses standard supplied CA Datacom APIs;
- Recreate the problem scenario once the above has been achieved; and
- Provide all requested documentation including:
- A dump from the CA Datacom (MUF) region, and
- A dump of the calling application region (at the time of the failure).
If you have any questions regarding this support policy or any other issue for the CA Datacom environment please feel free to contact CA at the phone number or e-mail address listed below.
Thank you again for your business.
Kevin P. Shuma
5465 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX .