CA SPECTRUM NFM r7.x and all prior releases
End of Service Announcement
To: CA SPECTRUM Network Fault Manager (CA SPECTRUM NFM) Customers
From: The CA SPECTRUM NFM Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA SPECTRUM NFM r7.x and all prior releases
Date: May 01, 2008
CA is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. As a follow-up to our first letter regarding End of Service of CA SPECTRUM NFM r7.x and all prior releases, we would like to confirm that support for this release will be discontinued as of October 31, 2008, or when CA SPECTRUM NFM r9.0 is generally available (whichever is later). Please take this opportunity to review the support schedule for currently supported releases of CA SPECTRUM NFM.
At this time, we encourage you to plan your CA SPECTRUM NFM r8.1 migration as soon as possible so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer.
- CA SPECTRUM Core new features and enhancements
- New OneClick-based network configuration management
- Network service management enhancements
- Reporting enhancements
- Network technology enhancements
- Response time management (Service Performance Manager) enhancements
- Many OneClick enhancements
The latest version of CA SPECTRUM is available for customers under active maintenance from https://support.ca.com. Our Technical Support Lifecycle Policy is also available at this site. For additional support information, please visit the CA SPECTRUM support pages at: (https://support.ca.com/).
As CA would like to help make your upgrade to CA SPECTRUM NFM r8.1 as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from CA SPECTRUM NFM 7.x or prior release to CA SPECTRUM NFM r8.1 for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA SPECTRUM NFM r8.1 can be viewed at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/).
- CA Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. Please call 800-225-5224 (North America) or +1 303-262-8300 (International).
- Qualified local CA Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of the upgrade, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, http://www.ca.com/us/partners.aspx.
- CA is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. Extended Support, a Business Critical Custom Option, is designed to extend support for CA products and releases that have been officially discontinued or reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA SPECTRUM Technical Support at CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com/). Our Technical Support Lifecycle Policy is also available at this site.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.