CA ARCserve D2D r16
General Availability Announcement
To: CA ARCserve Customers
From: The CA Technologies ARCserve Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA ARCserve D2D r16
Date: September 07, 2011
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. We are pleased to announce that CA ARCserve D2D r16 is now available.
This new release includes a wide range of enhancements that expand the breadth of protection, simplify management and speed recovery of your systems, applications and data. Some of the key features include:
- D2D2C (Disk to Disk to Cloud)
- Protects mission-critical data in cloud storage services for remote, offsite protection
- Use for long-term DR, offsite protection, or archival purposes
- File Copy/Archive
- Copies or Moves files and folders from recovery points for long-term storage archival needs
- Archive to on or off-premise data repositories
- Microsoft Exchange Granular Mailbox Recovery
- Granularly recover select emails from Exchange Server mailboxes
- Recover email messages, files, folders, attachments, etc.
- Simple Virtual Conversion (P2V)
- Within D2D UI, export physical recovery points to VHD format
- Manual or Schedule-based
- NOTE: Advanced Virtual Conversion and VM Power-on with the new CA ARCserve Central Virtual Standby Application
- Windows Explorer Shell Integration
- D2D View - recover directly from Windows Explorer
- Recover to Original or Alternative Destination
- Copy/Paste, Drag/Drop, Scan, Search, Open
- Performance Throttling
- Customize system performance metrics
- Fine-tune backup processes for balanced system usage
- Encrypt recovery points with AES-based encryption
- Supports AES 128, 192, and 256 encryption algorithms
- Passwords on Recovery Points
- Auto Update
- Download and apply new product/support updates from CA
- Apply updates manually or automatically
- Workstation Support (Desktop/Laptops)
- New CA ARCserve D2D Workstation Edition
- Support for Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 Platforms
- Support mainstream Desktop/Laptop hardware
- UI Enhancements
- New GUI and usability enhancements throughout making D2D even easier to use
- Centrally Manageable
- D2D servers or workstations can now be centrally managed via CA's NEW CA ARCserve Central Protection Manager
- Integration with CA ARCserve Backup r16
- Migrate CA ARCserve D2D backups to Tape via CA ARCserve Backup console
- Enable recovery via the CA ARCserve Backup console with a single point of management
All these new features are included at no additional charge!!!
We have included a Product Brief that details the features and highlights of this release. We also encourage you to visit the CA ARCserve D2D product information page on the CA Support Online website at https://support.ca.com for more information please visit http://arcserve.com/us/default.aspx.
Customers covered by an active maintenance contract are eligible to receive a free upgrade to the CA ARCserve D2D r16 release.
Active CA ARCserve D2D r15 Maintenance Customers
Active maintenance customers running CA ARCserve D2D r15 can download the software and upgrade directly to CA ARCserve D2D r16.
In addition, we are proud to announce our new releases of CA ARCserve Backup r16, our comprehensive backup solution and CA ARCserve Replication R16 and CA ARCserve High Availability R16, our data replication and real-time server/application monitoring and continuous availability solutions.
Excited to announce the release of our NEW! CA ARCserve Central Applications: these revolutionary new web-based applications unify and centralize the tasks associated with securing and protecting mission-critical systems and data across the entire organization.
To obtain your copy of CA ARCserve D2D r16 please contact CA Customer Care online at http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/common/forms/customercareform.html. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services.
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at:
Thank you again for your business.