CA ARCserve D2D On Demand
General Availability Announcement
Date: February 23, 2012
To: CA ARCserve Customers
From: The CA Technologies Data Management Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA ARCserve D2D On Demand
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide high-quality, innovative software and services. Today, we are announcing the availability of CA ARCserve D2D On Demand, a hybrid cloud data protection software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution designed specifically for small and mid-sized businesses.
CA Technologies and Microsoft have partnered to provide this SaaS offering that uses the Windows Azure cloud platform to deliver rapid and affordable data protection and disaster recovery for organizations lacking their own remote sites and/or business continuity resources.
Licensed on a convenient annual or monthly subscription basis, CA ARCserve D2D On Demand empowers SMBs to protect the integrity and availability of their critical systems, applications and information while minimizing the impact of backup processes on the production environment. An innovative management portal integrates with purchases made through partners using traditional purchasing processes.
Unlike solutions that only provide local protection or only backup directly to the cloud, CA ARCserve D2D On Demand combines on-premise resources for fast backup, restore and bare-metal recovery capabilities with Windows Azure cloud storage for economical and secure offsite protection of critical information. This hybrid approach provides pooled storage shared amongst machines enabling SMB IT organizations to successfully protect their relentlessly growing volume of data within limited budget constraints. The seamless inclusion of Windows Azure cloud storage also spares you the burden of engineering your own integration with cloud infrastructure.
CA ARCserve D2D On Demand provides:
- Protection for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations. Each server and workstation subscription includes 25GB Windows Azure cloud storage. Additional cloud storage is available from CA Technologies with tiered pricing. All Windows Azure cloud storage is pooled across all protected machines.
- Infinite Incremental (I2) Technology that takes a full backup just once and only incremental changes thereafter - dramatically reducing the time, disk space, CPU cycles and network bandwidth consumed by routine backup tasks.
- Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) to any device to slash recovery time by 80% over traditional methods.
- Protection for physical and virtual servers.
- Monthly and annual subscription for flexibility are purchased using CA ARCserve partners.
For more information on CA ARCserve D2D On Demand, visit arcserve.com/d2dondemand. In North America, please call 1-800-Call-CAI (1-800-225-5224) or contact your local account representative. If you are outside of North America, please call your local account representative or the local CA Technnologies office.
Thank you again for your business.