CA SiteMinder 12.5, CA SiteMinder Federation 12.5,
and SiteMinder Agent for SharePoint 12.5
General Availability Announcement
Date: March 16, 2012
To: CA SiteMinder, SiteMinder Federation Security Services, and SiteMinder Agent for SharePoint customers
From: The CA Technologies SiteMinder Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for CA SiteMinder 12.5, CA SiteMinder Federation 12.5, and SiteMinder Agent for SharePoint 12.5
On behalf of CA Technologies, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA SiteMinder 12.5 and CA SiteMinder Federation 12.5 are now available.
New features for CA SiteMinder 12.5 provide you the capability to deliver its single-sign on and access security services with greater management control of additional applications. These features include:
- Content-Aware access management for SharePoint 2010 via the new SiteMinder Agent for SharePoint 12.5.
- Enhanced support for Web 2.0 applications and ID 2.0 authenticators:
- Enhanced support for dynamic web applications based on Ajax or developed with rich application development tools such as Adobe Flex or Microsoft Silverlight
- Support for OpenID user authentication
- Authentication context for improved authorization decisions
- Expanded support for identity assurance with CA RiskMinder
- Improved management tools
- Automatic discovery and enhanced management of agents
- Enhanced directory mapping
- Centralized key store
- Enhanced administrative scoping
- Support for the high performance CA Directory as a session store
New features for CA SiteMinder Federation r12.5 (formerly known as Federation Security Services) provide you the capability to deliver its single-sign on and access security services with greater management control to additional partner or SaaS-based applications, including:
- Support for authentication context when acting as an Identity Provider or Service Provider
- Support for user consent during SAML assertion delivery
- Fully integrated, wizard-driven administrative UI
- Expanded single log off capabilities
The noted features are not a complete list of capabilities, so we also encourage you to visit the CA SiteMinder product information page on the CA Support Online website at https://support.ca.com/ for more information including the Bookshelf associated with the release.
To obtain your copy of CA SiteMinder r12.5 and CA SiteMinder Federation r12.5 please contact CA Customer Care online (http://www.ca.com/us/customer-care.aspx) where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/common/forms/customercareform.html. You can also call CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country. You may also download this product online through https://support.ca.com.
Should you need any assistance in understanding these new features, or implementing this latest release, our CA Services experts can help. For more information on CA Services and how you can leverage our expertise, please visit www.ca.com/services.
For valuable information on upgrading to SiteMinder 12.5, please refer to the "CA SiteMinder r12.5 Upgrade Information page" https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/phpsupcontent?contentID=%7B0321F3AA-91F3-49D3-ADB2-A370A12911CE%7D
To review CA Support lifecycle policies, please review the CA Support Policy and Terms located at:
Thank you again for your business.