Linux Reasonable Commercial Effort Statement
This Support Statement applies to CA ControlMinder™ Server that offers documented support for one or more Linux Reference Platforms.
CA strives to meet our clients' diverse and ever changing needs. CA products support and manage many of today's leading platforms, operating systems and applications across the IT enterprise.
A Linux Reference Platform is a specific version of a particular Linux variant, such as Red Hat Enterprise Server 5/6, which is used in CA development, QA, and Support, and is documented as a supported environment in which to run CA ControlMinder Server.
To verify the Linux Reference Platforms supported for CA ControlMinder Server, review the system requirements section of the respective product documentation, or check with your CA Support.
Many of our clients use Oracle Enterprise Linux, a variant of the Linux operating system, as their production operating system platform.
Oracle Enterprise Linux claims compatibility (compatibility modes) with the CA ControlMinder Server supported Linux Reference Platform.
Note: CA does not test CA ControlMinder Server running on Oracle Enterprise Linux and cannot certify specific client configurations.
To facilitate a quick resolution and isolate the root cause of any potential product issue encountered running on Oracle Enterprise Linux, CA is establishing the following support protocol for CA ControlMinder Server operated in this environment:
- The current GA version of Oracle Enterprise Linux and the prior major version of that environment are supported. Any exceptions will be noted in respective product documentation.
- The client is responsible for properly configuring their Oracle Enterprise Linux system to be compatible with CA ControlMinder Server.
- The client is responsible for having an active maintenance agreement for both their CA ControlMinder Server and for Oracle Enterprise Linux.
- CA may require extra time to understand, collect data, troubleshoot and possibly reproduce reported issues.
- If CA Support cannot directly identify the root cause as a CA or a Oracle Enterprise Linux issue, client can open a support issue with their Oracle Enterprise Linux vendor and any other necessary third-party vendors to expedite the resolution of the issue. CA, the vendor(s), and the client will work together toward a quick resolution where there business relationship mechanism to do so. CA and many other software vendors belong to the Technical Support Alliance Network (http://www.tsanet.org) that may be engaged by either CA or Oracle if and when the need for a third-party arises as long as active maintenance exists for the CA and Oracle's product. Note if the customer does not have a Vendor support agreement for Oracle Enterprise Linux, there is no third party CA may work with.
Any known issues with running CA ControlMinder Server on Oracle Enterprise Linux will be noted in the respective product documentation.