End of Service Announcement for
CA ARCserve Backup r12.5 for Windows
Date: December 01, 2011
To: CA ARCserve Backup r12.5 Customers
From: The CA Technologies CA ARCserve Backup Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for CA ARCserve Backup r12.5 for Windows
CA Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the CA Support Policy and Terms (http://support.ca.com), please consider this letter your notification that we are discontinuing support for CA ARCserve Backup r12.5 for Windows beginning December 31, 2012. This will allow our Development organization to effectively focus its resources on and continue to add value to new releases of CA ARCserve Backup for Windows.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to CA ARCserve Backup r16 for Windows as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer. The new CA ARCserve Backup release 16 has many great new features designed to help you better manage your data protection and save you money. These include Synthetic Full Backup to reduce backup windows and speed recoveries, WINPE-based disaster recovery providing a more consistent recovery process, Archive to disk, tape or cloud to reduce the volume of data being backed up, Enhanced integration with CA ARCserve D2D to pull CA ARCserve D2D snapshot backups into the ARCserve Backup catalog for easy recovery and many more. We encourage you to visit the product information page for CA ARCserve Backup at www.arcserve.com and our product support page at www.arcserve.com/support for further information.
As CA Technologies would like to help make your upgrade to CA ARCserve Backup r16 for Windows as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from CA ARCserve Backup r12.5 for Windows to CA ARCserve Backup r16 for Windows for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to CA ARCserve Backup r16 for Windows can be viewed at CA Support Online ( https://support.ca.com/).
- CA Services is available to provide consulting services for any or all parts of your upgrade, including analysis of your current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. Please visit www.ca.com/services for more information.
- Qualified local CA ARCserve Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of your upgrade, including analysis of your current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the upgrade itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local CA Channel Partner Group office, www3.ca.com/partners.
- CA Technologies is committed to providing superior support to our customers using our technology solutions. CA Extended Support, one of the CA Technologies support offerings, is designed to extend support for CA Technologies software product versions or releases that have reached their End of Service Date. Please visit our website, CA Support Online ( https://support.ca.com/), for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact CA ARCserve Backup CA Support at CA Support Online ( https://support.ca.com/), your local CA Account Manager, CA Support Availability Manager, or CA Customer Care at +1-800-225-5224 in North America or see http://www.ca.com/phone for the local number in your country.
We would also strongly recommend you to visit these forums and social networking sites that focus on CA ARCserve Backup. These forums are created for the purpose of giving our customers a platform to discuss their issues and questions directly with CA ARCserve development and product management teams, communicate with other customers on the forum and share new ideas. There are plenty of CA ARCserve experts on the site and they provide live advice on queries related to the CA ARCserve family of products.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.