CA Technologies Named a “Vendor to Watch” in Groom Energy’s Buyer’s Guide for Energy Management Software
Groom Energy Names Vendor of CA ecoSoftware Among Those Companies Which “Stood Out From the Rest”
ISLANDIA, N.Y., March 22, 2012 – CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that it has earned the top designation of “vendor to watch” in the Groom Energy Solutions report, titled “The Enterprise Smart Grid – a Corporate Buyer’s Guide for Energy Management Software.”
In the report, Groom Energy focused its analysis on over 100 companies that market and deliver energy management software, highlighting 10 of these companies as “vendors to watch” based on their innovation, customer proof points, strong market momentum, aggressive product development and increased emphasis on enterprise-wide and multiple-site implementations. These companies were also mentioned consistently during the course of research interviews.
“We believe Groom Energy Solutions’ evaluation of CA Technologies speaks to the strength of our CA ecoSoftware solution and our ability to address our customers’ energy and sustainability management needs,” said Terrence Clark, general manager, CA ecoSoftware, CA Technologies. “As companies are increasingly compelled to drive towards greater operational efficiency and improved margins, they need to measure, analyze, manage and control energy more effectively. That is exactly what CA ecoSoftware is designed to deliver.”
CA ecoSoftware is a powerful, flexible and scalable energy and sustainability management solution designed to help organizations monitor energy and resource use across the enterprise, and more effectively manage energy and sustainability programs. Attributes the report described as impressive included the solution’s sub-metering, carbon management and data center capabilities.
“Applying the principles of the Enterprise Smart Grid, large organizations can effectively drive energy efficiency performance across their operations,” said Paul Baier, report author and vice president of research for Groom Energy Solutions. “Through our research we were particularly impressed by a set of vendors that stood out from the rest. These vendors are bringing innovative products and approaches to the market and are backing up vendor claims with impressive customer wins and product roadmaps.”
According to Groom Energy Solutions, Enterprise Smart Grid helps companies to understand three key areas:
• Visibility: Where and when is energy is consumed?
• Control: How to control energy?
• Management Integration: How is energy pricing and consumption formulated into capital planning and operations?
The CA ecoSoftware solution is comprised of three offerings:
• CA ecoGovernance: helps organizations measure, assess, and report energy and environmental impacts, costs and performance, align energy and sustainability initiatives with business goals, and automate related processes across geographic and functional boundaries. It helps organizations use energy and sustainability management to manage costs, reduce risk and drive value.
• CA ecoMeter: an operational energy management product that is designed to help organizations capture real-time information on energy and other variables among assets, facilities and data centers, and then measure, trend, alert, and act to help increase efficiency, enhance service availability and reduce operational costs.
• CA ecoDesktop: a PC power management solution that helps organizations identify savings opportunities and implement profiles that increase efficiency while addressing the requirements of end users for uninterrupted access to their systems. It also delivers reporting to help organizations demonstrate energy cost savings and reductions in carbon emissions.
For more information on CA ecoSoftware, visit:
• CA Technologies Named a Worldwide Leader in Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
• CA Technologies Named a Leader in Energy Management Software
• Brochures and White Papers
• CA ecoSoftware Twitter
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) provides IT management solutions that help customers manage and secure complex IT environments to support agile business services. Organizations leverage CA Technologies software and SaaS solutions to accelerate innovation, transform infrastructure and secure data and identities, from the data center to the cloud. Learn more about CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2013 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.