NEW YORK, April 23, 2018 – CA Technologies kicks off its 12th annual CA Together in Action initiative, which runs the week of April 23-27, with employee volunteer projects scheduled to take place around the world.
From land, beach and public space cleanup and preservation, to feeding the hungry, environmental education and restoration projects, packing and shipping books to school children in Africa – and supporting the advancement of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) learning for young people – CA employees will join together to help make a difference.
As a technology company, CA has a clear and vested interest in the advancement of STEM learning and fostering the future talent pipeline of technology leaders. CA Together in Action projects will encompass a variety of employee engagement opportunities focused on the advancement of STEM learning. This includes:
- Allston, MA: CA Technologies will team up with West End House to support staff in a variety of activities with club members, which focus on academic support, leadership and career development, fitness and nutrition, and visual and performing arts.
- Chicago, IL: In partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), CA employees will host a Tech Girls Rock workshop, aiming to encourage teen and tween girls to pursue an interest in STEM-related educational opportunities and careers.
- New York, NY: CA employees will participate in Governor Andrew Cuomo's "If You Can See It, You Can Be It": A Day for Girls to See What Is Possible, partnering with PENCIL to host a Career Panel for students from the Talented & Gifted School in East Harlem.
- New York, NY: CA employees will join PENCIL to participate in“Demo Day”, as middle school teams gear up for the 2018 Guppy Tank App Challenge, where middle school students compete to create an app that will revolutionize New York.
- Santa Clara, CA: CA employees will partner with Citizen Schools to host a group of middle school students for a site visit and tour of CA’s Design Center, which showcases the company’s technology solutions.
- Hyderabad, India: CA Technologies will partner with India Literacy Project, to help organize summer camps with coding sessions, arts and crafts and instruction in basic English and computers. The camps will run from April 13-28.
- Milan, Italy: On April 26, which is Girls in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) day, CA will partner with Regione Basilicata and the Chamber of Commerce Italy to help encourage young women to consider educational opportunities and careers in STEM fields.
“Through our CA Together in Action initiative, and philanthropic programs throughout the year, CA employees are committed to making a difference in the communities where they live and work,” said Erica Christensen, vice president, Corporate Social Responsibility, CA Technologies. “Participation levels have continued to grow, since the program’s inception in 2005, demonstrating the commitment our colleagues around the globe have to advancing social, environmental and economic sustainability for all.”
Projects are scheduled throughout the U.S. in locations including Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Columbus, OH; Ewing, NJ; Herndon, VA; Houston, TX; Islandia, NY; Lisle, IL; New York, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Plano, TX; Portsmouth, NH; San Diego, CA; Santa Clara, CA; and Scottsdale, AZ. Global projects will be organized in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, India, Italy, Prague, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
Several of the activities are being held with long-time nonprofit partners, including Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Connemara Conservancy, PENCIL, Mass Audubon's Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary, and Robert Moses State Park.
“CA Technologies work with PENCIL— through ongoing school partnerships and, critically, its immersive support for student opportunities in STEM research and development—have helped create a powerful sequence of youth development experiences,” said Gregg Betheil, President, PENCIL. “CA Technologies has long been an industry leader and an ideal PENCIL partner, helping us inspire the next generation, reinforcing the advancement of STEM learning, and enabling us to continue our mission of connecting students to success.”
In Europe this month, CA employees in Italy, France, Spain, Germany, UK and Czech Republic will prepare to start delivering a series of “People Like Me” workshops. CA Technologies is a founding sponsor of the revolutionary “People Like Me” program; which aims to show girls - aged 11 to 14 - role models of young women like them, who are happy working in tech today.
“In Europe, CA Technologies works with several stakeholders and partners across education, government and industry to deliver Create Tomorrow, a Europe-wide program designed to get more young people excited about STEM careers – and to tackle the gender imbalance. Led by employee volunteers, the program enables opportunities for each of us to make a difference – from inspiring students about careers in STEM to helping teachers be aware of the skills needed for jobs of the future,” said Marco Comastri, general manager EMEA, CA Technologies.
“We need motivated, properly trained, well-equipped STEM teachers to prepare and inspire Europe’s next generation – and collaboration between schools and industry is an essential step towards achieving this. STEM Alliance is very pleased to have CA Technologies onboard as a founding partner to help bridge this gap,” said Marc Durando, Executive Director of European Schoolnet, a network of 31 European Ministries of Education.
Since the CA Together in Action initiative launched in 2005, more than 65,000 employee volunteer hours have been contributed and more than 1,300 projects have been completed. CA employees are encouraged to use up to three workdays annually to volunteer for company-sponsored activities of their choice. In addition, each fiscal year CA matches employees’ personal charitable contributions up to $10,000.
For more information on CA’s philanthropic partnerships and programs, visit ca.com/ar/csr.
About CA Together
CA Technologies is a global corporation with a local commitment. The company works to improve the quality of life in communities where its employees live and work worldwide and is fully committed to advancing social, environmental and economic sustainability. CA Together, the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility program, is driven by the core philanthropic focus of improving the lives of underserved children and communities around the world. CA does this by supporting organizations, programs and initiatives that enrich the lives and well-being of others with a primary focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education. CA Together activities include employee volunteerism and matching gifts; in-kind donations of CA Technologies products and services; and partnerships and philanthropic support to community organizations worldwide.
Sigue a CA Technologies en
Social Media Page