CA Datacom M3A Service activities require that the customer’s CA Datacom environments be at a supported release with reasonable access to the tools necessary to monitor and manage the environment.
Remote access to the customer system - In order to perform the duties of the M3A Service, CA technicians need remote access to the customer environment including TSO (or ROSCOE) sign-on for each LPAR housing a monitored CA Datacom environment.
- For the initial inventory activities, contact with a customer resource that can perform the various tasks while being guided by WebEx could be a reasonable implementation while awaiting the remote access.
CA Sysview for CA Datacom - The CA Sysview option for CA Datacom provides the best possible tool for the M3A technician to access and monitor the CA Datacom environments.
- For sites without CA Sysview for Datacom, other batch utility processes can be utilized, however the amount time necessary to perform the monitoring tasks may be significantly more.
Batch CA Datacom job submission - The M3A technician will need to be able to run various reporting jobs to monitor and measure the environment.
- To perform these tasks, technician will need security access to the CA Datacom environments (CA Datacom tables only) as well as the ability to view and extract report output
Batch “User Database” job submission - If permitted, the M3A technician will need to be able to run various utility functions against the user defined databases as part of the activities around correcting pending issues with the user databases.
- To perform these tasks, technician will need security access to the CA Datacom environments including the user databases as well as the ability to view the utility report output.
- For sites not wishing to grant this utility access to the user databases, the M3A technician can provide the customer liaison with the recommended actions to be performed.
Additional access - Depending on site activity, stability and other events, additional resources and security authorizations may be required; these requests will be directed to the customer liaison with applicable business requirements validation.