Die Pressemeldung im Original:
CA Technologies Goes Green With Annual Earth Day Activities
Employee Volunteers Promote Environmental Awareness and Sustainability
Employee-driven projects will take place throughout the U.S. in locations including Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Bellevue, WA, Cary, NC; East Windsor, CT; Ewing, NJ; Framingham, MA; Ft Collins, CO; Herndon, VA; Islandia, NY; Lisle, IL; New York City, NY; Pittsburgh, PA; Plano, TX; Portsmouth, NH; Santa Clara, CA; Southfield, MI; and Tampa, FL and internationally in countries including Argentina, Australia, Chile, China, Colombia, India, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Czech Republic and the United Kingdom.
“Giving back to the communities where our employees live and work is an important part of our company culture,” said Erica Christensen, vice president, Corporate Social Responsibility, CA Technologies. “Whether it's planting trees, revitalizing distressed neighborhoods or cleaning local beaches and parks, CA employees will again come together and work to strengthen the communities where we do business.”
“Ecology Action’s mission is to create a healthier environment through resource recovery operations, Brownfield remediation and zero waste initiatives.” said Brent Perdue, Co-Director, Ecology Action in Austin. “Our recycling center reduces waste that is bound for local landfills. Together, with help from CA Technologies volunteers, we can help to create a more sustainable environment for everyone.”
“A great deal of garbage ends up in our rivers every day, which not only creates an eyesore, but threatens the lives of species that depend on this habitat,” said David Thomas, Volunteer Coordinator, Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area in Atlanta. “Once again, CA Technologies employees are dedicating their time to preserving our natural resources. With their assistance, we hope to ensure clean waterways in our park -- for all to enjoy.”
“The volunteer efforts made by CA Technologies employees are crucial in helping to protect Australia’s bushland areas,” said Sandra Payne, Bushcare Volunteer Coordinator, City of Ryde. “Planting native vegetation as well as the removal of invasive species will encourage regeneration of the bush lands and ultimately assist in maintaining our valued natural resources.”
Conducting business in a way that advances sustainability is a top priority for CA Technologies. Highlights of the company’s sustainability efforts include:
• Active employee Green Teams—representing more than half of the company’s workforce—committed to reducing natural resource consumption at CA Technologies offices around the world.
• A commitment to reducing the company’s greenhouse gas emissions.
• Company products and solutions that improve data center efficiency for CA Technologies and its customers.
• Purchasing electricity from renewable resources.
• Building approximately 330,000 square feet of company office space that is LEED-registered or under a green lease.
• Being recognized as a sustainability leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, the UN Global Compact 100 Stock Index, the FTSE4Good Index Series, Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index and on Newsweek’s Green Rankings.