“None of us are as smart as all of us.” It’s an old Japanese proverb that Ken Blanchard also uses as the title of his book on leadership. Either way, it still means the same thing: we are smarter together.
Along the same lines, our own customers and partners are often some of the most passionate, knowledgeable sources of information about the products we make here at CA. I’m proud to say that we learn from them just as much as they do from us.
By bringing customers closer and involving them, we always end up with better answers. So instead of brainstorming customer loyalty and satisfaction improvements in a silo, we turned directly to you, our customers.
Here’s what you told us about how we could better serve and support you:
- You want early access to new products and opportunities to partner with us to help make them better.
- You expect us to be your advocates for quality and usability so that our company builds the best products possible for you and your organization.
- You want more insight into best practices to implement our solutions and access even more information about how technologies work.
Basically, you told us you wanted to be treated like part of a close-knit community. You want us to create better ways for you to ideate, innovate, and interact with our experts and even your peers at other companies. You want to be part of the team.
This is fantastic and we want it as well. It encourages us to be more open and collaborative in how we think and work. And it underscores what we’ve learned inside our team about harnessing the power of the collective hive when we want to generate breakthrough ideas.
What else are we working on today to bring customers closer to us, as members of our community?
- I’ve asked our support engineers to participate in the communities throughout the day. They’ve been very responsive, and are excited that answering questions and joining the conversation is now part of their everyday activities. Meet the Support Engineers
- As we on-board new employees at CA, we’re asking them to join the CA communities, too. Everyone at CA is joining us to craft an active, thriving community where customers can interact with business leaders, too, not just techies. Join the CA Communities
- Across the entire company, we’re shifting our thought process from “inside out” to “outside in.” Put simply, we’re asking ourselves what is right for the customer first. Business hasn’t always been done this way in enterprise software, but it should have been. We’re committed to making the switch. Customer Loyalty
- We’re making it even easier for customers to help themselves, with an improved knowledge base, wikis, and online support chat. While community means far more to us than just self-service support, it’s important to you — so we’re working hard to build the best cross-channel support experience in the industry. Self Service Support
This is just the beginning. I’m looking forward to sharing more big ideas, experiments, and results with you as we turn CA into the most customer-centric hive in the enterprise software industry.