CA APM is back as a Gartner APM Magic Quadrant Leader!
Gartner just published the latest Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Management (APM) suites with a new addition to the leaders’ quadrant – CA Technologies! We are of course delighted at this recognition which we believe validates completeness of our vision and ability to execute in this very competitive market. What we think is even more noteworthy that CA is reclaiming the leadership status after several years, which is a reflection of the kind of dramatic transformation we are undergoing as a company. Building upon a technology (Wily) that is often credited with creating what is now a multi-billion-dollar modern APM market, we are very proud to offer our customers one of the best and most modern solutions in the market today that provides:
- Broad set of monitoring capabilities that can instrument the entire mobile-to-mainframe spectrum
- Industry leading scalability with real world deployments of 50,000+ agents collecting over 100 billion metrics per day
- Fine grain data collection to help cope with today’s dynamic application environments
- More than 100 patented or patent-pending AI/ML capabilities covering topology-driven application modeling, automated root cause analysis, pattern recognition and anomaly detection, and more
- Choice of SaaS or on-prem delivery using a single code base
- Deep visibility for cloud-native and microservices applications.
- And tons of features and functionality
This transformation is undoubtedly a result of incredible hard work put in by our engineering, product management, product marketing and the field organizations. However, no one deserves bigger credit than our customers who reminded us of the basics and helped us reappreciate the fundamental reason that they invest in APM and other monitoring tools. That is, all features and functionality aside, what they really want the answers a few simple questions, such as:
- Is the application delivering the desired user experience? Are the web pages loading within 3 seconds or less? Are their mobile apps performing well enough to get five-star rating?
- If not, how can they get the root cause in 5 seconds or less?
- Can they anticipate and fix problems before they start impacting users? Metric and alerts only provide after-the-fact, rear-view mirror perspective? How can they get ahead of the curve?
A big part of our product transformation, therefore has centered around driving everything from the user experience perspective. Here are just some of the capabilities that we have delivered over the last couple of years to streamline user experience management, anticipate and avoid problems, and accelerate remediation.
- CA APM Experience View provides a business-focused view of the experiences being delivered by applications, thereby allowing users to easily view the health and the problems that most impact business and customers. See it in action here.
- The patent pending CA APM relationship view overlays real-world attributes onto complex application relationship data to simplify the view and minimize the “spaghetti” typically seen in application topology maps. By applying attributes, various users across operations can filter based on geography, business unit, application component, operating system and more, to easily view what is important to them and the task at hand.
- Integrated timeline provides a temporal view of events and topology changes. By simply dragging the timeline backward from a performance issue, a user can easily identify the start point of the issue, the first affected components and the sequence of events that led to the problem.
- Differential Analysis uses analytics and machine learning to automatically detect anomalies and impending problems ahead of time.
- Assisted triage, an intelligent engine that utilizes analytics, ML, and expert heuristics to guide users through the resolution path and help them determine and verify the exact root cause of an issue.
- Modern applications observability – new and advanced methods for monitoring microservices, containers, cloud and API-centric architecture – including agentless topology and automated flow maps, API performance tracing, and automated context mapping with app to infrastructure correlation.
Recently acquired Runscope, a SaaS API Monitoring solution, strengthens our Digital Experience Insights monitoring SaaS portfolio adding new performance, availability, and data validation capabilities for APIs that are commonly used as part of a digital transformation. CA Digital Experience Insights (CA DXI), a SaaS platform offers customers user-experience centric set of integrated services to monitor the entire digital service chain – all the way from user’s mobile devices to business transactions to infrastructure heath and usage.
The CA DXI platform today offers integrated App Experience Analytics, Application Performance Management and Infrastructure Management services with consistent user interface, cross-product workflows, and a common data repository and analytics engine. And all of these rich set of capabilities come with delightful ease of use capabilities such as guided walkthroughs to dramatically shorten the learning curve, sample applications to facilitate full-feature exploration without any set up, quick onboarding, and chat-based interactive support. CA DXI will soon offer additional services such as NetOps Analytics to provide unprecedented depth into the network layer – a critical component for modern distributed applications that is often overlooked.
The most unique part of CA DXI is its powerful analytics engine, built using CA Jarvis Big Data Analytics platform that leverages open source technologies such ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Spark and Kafka, etc. CA DXI goes well beyond simply linking the UIs which is what many of our competitors do. Our approach, rather, unifies these data sources into a single, correlated big-data pipeline and big-data repository that enables us to perform aggregations and analyses that have previously been unimaginable.
Want to know more about what CA Digital Experience Insights? This virtual product tour is a great place to start.
Going forward, we see the boundaries of APM expanding well beyond traditional metric and transaction monitoring. While these capabilities form the foundation of most APM tools today, we see customer struggling with broader problems such as digitally transforming legacy business practices using Agile, DevOps, continuous delivery, and Digital Experience Management. In order to help customers successfully achieve these objectives, APM tools must go beyond the confines of traditional monitoring of production applications and become an integral part of the software delivery lifecycle – to identify problems earlier and enable continuous optimization across various development and testing phases. A significant part of our ongoing and future engineering investment is going toward building integrations with AppDev, testing and release automation tools. We are also fully leveraging our corporate presence in API management and Continuous Delivery businesses to create a compelling and highly differentiated solution that seamlessly bridges the gap between application development and performance monitoring worlds.
These are indeed the exciting times and our work has just begun! Our customers are constantly challenging us make our products more insightful, simpler, and fun to work with, as well as provide solutions to the complex problems that are integral part of running an enterprise-scale business. While we are humbled by the Gartner Magic Quadrant leader placement, we remain more conscious than ever of the high customer expectations and are working hard every single day to live up to that. A big Thank You to our customers and partners for sharing this journey and continuing to push us to innovate. The future can only be better!
*Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner, Inc., Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring Suites, Will Cappelli, Sanjit Ganguli, Federico De Silva, March 19, 2018.