The Latest Release of CA NetOps Delivers Superior SD-WAN Fault Management
The top reasons to upgrade to the latest release of CA NetOps fault management to ensure successful SD-WAN deployments and happy customers.
The modern workforce is increasingly mobile, and business-critical applications are running over the Internet across multiple clouds. Traditional WAN architectures can’t keep up because of lack of available bandwidth, limited security, and increased complexity; which prevents IT from responding to business needs faster.
SD-WAN adoption is seeing remarkable growth as companies seek to streamline their WAN infrastructure and evolve toward more cloud-based applications. This is why:
Reliable application delivery. Predictable application SLAs with real-time policy enforcement and active-active links for all scenarios.
Best in class integrated security. Zero-trust foundation with authentication, segmentation and encryption.
Cloud optimized. Seamlessly extend the WAN to multiple public clouds with real-time optimized performance for major SaaS applications.
SD-WAN will challenge today’s network operations teams
The expansion of cloud based applications and infrastructures coupled with non-guaranteed connectivity requires visibility and assurance across the WAN to ensure end-user experience of critical applications.
Software-defined overlays add additional complexity which requires understanding and correlation of the Control and Data plane infrastructure.
SD-WAN introduces intelligence which needs to be validated and refined as the maturity of the technology and deployments increase.
CA NetOps 19.1 SD-WAN fault management addresses NOC challenges
CA NetOps 19.1 SD-WAN fault management (CA Spectrum) addresses these challenges by providing in-depth visualization with underlay & overlay topology. CA Spectrum directly manages the vEdge routers using SNMP and reconciles both SNMP & Cisco Viptela and Versa controller information.
Full insights into how different sites are connected, including policies and tunnel information.
- Easily view degraded or failed connectivity.
- Overlay topology enabled for Cisco Viptela vSmart (controller) provides vEdge router WAN-link connectivity to provider network (gold/silver/mpls).
- Visualize how different vEdges are connected and their corresponding Transport and SLA policies.
- Identify localized or wide area problems visually.
Reduce noise by raising a single root cause alarm (fault correlation):
- Reduce alarm noise and identify the root cause by combining multiple alarms into single RCA alarm.
- WAN-link down “Bad-link alarm” raised by CA Spectrum (using SNMP poll) are correlated to Cisco Viptela interface down, BFD TLOC down tunnel alarms.
- Smart severity aggregation ensures you don’t miss a problem.
Identify bad policies configured by vSmart (SLA path violation):
- Reduces Alarms clutter and correlate to Single “Bad link detected” alarm and add all Cisco Viptela alarms as symptoms.
- Raises SLA Violation alarm (on getting 15 SLA-change events in 5 min. duration).
- Automatic alarm clearance when there is no SLA-change event for the next 10 min duration, sends SLA violation clear event # 0x6730295
- Visualize LAN or WAN problems.
Proactive change management to enable improved visibility and control (network configuration management):
- Automatic mapping of Cisco Viptela devices to out of box device family.
- Able to manage and maintain the configuration changes on devices.
- Apply the custom compliance policies on Cisco Viptela devices.
Monitor default gateway changes if the vEdges have VRRP enabled (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol):
- Provides a spotlight view that highlights VRRP group members with Active and Standby labels
- If a router fails over, a major alarm is asserted on the group model, indicating that Router Redundancy has been lost and a standby router is no longer available. CA Spectrum clears this alarm when a new standby router is detected.
WEBCAST REPLAY: Did you miss the recent “What’s New in CA NetOps Fault Management”? Watch the replay here.
About our guest contributors…
Srinivas Mortha is Sr. Principal Software Engineer and has over 13 years of experience in NetOps tools. Leading Architect for CA Spectrum focusing on next generation Root Cause, Network Automation, Fault & Performance Management solutions, SD-WAN, Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC) and Analytics.
Naga Naveen Chevendra is a Sr. Software Engineer and has over 12 years of experience in NetOps tools. Designer and Developer for CA Spectrum focusing on Fault and Network Automation solutions. Passionate follower of Open Compute project and SD-WAN solutions.