CA IDMS M3A Service activities require that the customer’s CA IDMS environments be at a supported release with reasonable access to the tools necessary to monitor and manage the environment.
Remote access to the customer system - In order to perform the duties of the M3A Service, the CA technicians need remote access to the customer environment including TSO (or ROSCOE) sign-on for each LPAR housing a monitored CA IDMS environment.
- Obtaining remote access for the CA M3A Service expert may take some time. To proceed with the initial inventory activities, the M3A expert will be able to advise your customer liaison via WebEx.
CA IDMS Performance Monitor - CA IDMS Performance Monitor provides the best possible tool for the M3A technician to access and monitor the CA IDMS environments.
- For sites without CA IDMS Performance Monitor, other batch utility processes can be utilized; however the amount time necessary to perform the monitoring tasks may be significantly greater.
Batch IDMS job submission - The M3A technician will need to be able to run various reporting jobs as part of his/her activities to monitor and measure the environment.
- To perform these tasks the technician will need security access to the CA IDMS environments (CA IDMS tables only) as well as the ability to view and extract report output.
Batch “User Database” job submission - If permitted, the M3A technician will need to be able to run various utility functions against the user-defined databases to trouble shoot pending issues with the user databases.
- To perform these tasks the technician will need security access to the CA IDMS environments including the user databases as well as the ability to view the utility report output.
- For sites not wishing to grant this utility access to the user databases, the M3A technician can provide the customer liaison with the recommended actions to be performed.
Additional access - Depending on site activity, stability and other events, additional resources and security authorizations may be required. These requests will be directed to the customer liaison with applicable business justification.