CA Top Secret M3A Service activities are focused on the tasks and functions needed to maintain and manage the service levels of the CA Top Secret environments. These activities include:
M3A Start-up activities-These activities are performed as part of the customer start-up under M3A Service.
- Initial Interview-The M3A group performs a series of interviews with key personnel at the site to establish a snapshot of the current state of the Top Secret environment to ensure it is suitable for initiating the M3A administration service. Interviews will occur with current or acting Top Secret administrators, systems administrators and application leaders to verify current practices. Items covered include:
o Current procedures
o Lifecycle architecture
o Know issues, audit findings and recommendations
o Future state- Planned improvements, unplanned desired improvements
- Initial Inventory-The M3A group works with customer technicians to gather certain key CA Top Secret technical parameters as well as perform specific hands-on examination that is used to build an inventory of CA Top Secret components and existing conditions.
- Initial Site Report-The M3A team combines the information above into a report establishing a baseline of the customer’s CA Top Secret administration environments.
M3A Daily Activities- These activities will be performed as part of the daily checkup administered by the M3A team on a Monday through Friday basis. The timing of the checkup will be flexible to meet the site’s needs and M3A availability. The average daily checkup will take about 30 minutes per monitored environment. Additional time will be set aside to schedule and run (where applicable) utility functions to improve system functionality. Daily activities include:
- Perform any required day-to-day maintenance and problem resolution
o User assistance
o Abend/problem fixes
o Production control support
o Request and change management
- Review current system activity. This involves checking the CA Top Secret environment for any service level issues.
o Review open issues and incident reports
o Check general vital life signs
o Review recent activity logs. This involves checking any Top Secret errors and attempted security breaches, statistics of recent activity looking for error conditions, waits and other interruptions or breaches that may have occurred.
- General maintenance as required
o Change management process support
o Requests with additions, changes, or deletions to data access rules and system access o Fixes and patching as required
o Support product integrations (i.e. Top Secret and Workload Automation)
o System programming support and consulting
o Planned improvements and future state/wish list support
M3A Monthly Activities- Monthly activities revisit the various start-up measurement activities and update the CA Top Secret administration environment. They can include:
o Production of updated site report to add current information to show the current state compared to the initial implementation. This document provides measurement of the overall benefits of the M3A activities.
o Assist with auditing and auditor recommendations
o Disaster recovery testing and backup validation
o Performance tuning
o SOX and other governance advice and support
o Knowledge transfer and consulting as required
|Check general vital life signs
|Check general vital life signs