By reading this eBook, you’ll gain an understanding of the origins of Representational State Transfer (REST) and how to apply the principles in Roy Fielding’s dissertation “Architectural Styles and the Design of Network-based Software Architectures” in order to design APIs that will stand the test of time.
Get up to speed on:
- Architectural Styles vs. Standards
- How Architectural Styles are Described by Constraints
- Why Connectors are not the same as Components
- Using URIs for Identification
- Using Media Types for Representation
- And more...