Phase 1: Upgrade Assessment Services
The first stage of an upgrade with CA Services is to conduct an assessment and understand the state of your current solution implementation. This knowledge helps to determine how to maximize your investment to address your organization’s requirements. CA Services performs the following steps:
• During the project kick-off, gathers the necessary information to conduct the Healthcheck workshop(s):
- Technical Healthcheck: This workshop assesses the current state of your environment, including capturing your system inventory, understanding your sizing criteria and identifying the existing performance issues and current state customizations and integrations. We will also identify and recommend items that need immediate improvement, the future state sizing criteria and specification, customization and integration requirements.
- Functional Healthcheck (optional): This workshop identifies your business drivers, understands the current state capabilities, functional use cases and known gaps as well as identifies and provides a roadmap of future state capabilities. The functional Healthcheck provides valuable information on the business capabilities and an understanding of those which need to be supported in the future after the upgrade is completed.
• Provides the upgrade plan and recommendations, including the required changes for a successful upgrade, which method and technique are recommended for the upgrade execution, the integration and customizations plan and the backup/restore plan (if necessary). These recommendations and findings are provided in a report for you to reference and review when determining whether to move forward with the upgrade with business and IT stakeholders.
CA Services also has self-service, upgrade assessment utility tools available for multiple CA products. These utility tools provide you and CA Services with information about your environment to help understand the full level of effort needed to upgrade the solution. The following products have assessment utilities available:
• CA Application Performance Management (CA APM)
• CA Product & Portfolio Management (CA PPM)
• CA Single Sign-On (CA SSO)