Build meaningful PMO change with the transparency necessary for continuous execution of your pipeline of initiatives. The modern PMO is how future-ready companies sense change and respond to it proactively, and CA Services can help your PMO build the bridge between the strategic and tactical sides of your business.
Following the modern PMO model, this practical hands-on service is designed to build or strengthen value-focused culture, data-driven decisions, efficient and effective change management, team-oriented structure, and support of an entrepreneurial mind-set. This service does not require your organization to be at a certain level of PPM maturity; new or advanced alike can benefit.
To start, the mPMO is established with coaching across these areas: leading practices for PMO process, procedure and policy architecture; implementing or extending solution flexibility; system expertise; and developing a success roadmap. Phases tie to current industry thought leadership and leading practices, and CA Services mPMO experts work closely with you during each phase.
Operational efficiency and quality delivery examines foundational PMO artifacts for adoption and culture, practices and skills, and tactical guidance across multiple areas. For adoption, you’ll plot necessary changes for achieving outcomes and design supporting technologies and tools from within the solution—using common and out-of-the-box functionality—to build organizational readiness into every step. Plus, approaches and leading practices for communication, training and tracking continuous improvement are detailed. The mPMO service pivots organizations toward project and portfolio management as a people-centric solution, building an ecosystem that forges strong links between outcomes, processes, operating rhythms and organizational readiness with a best-in-class project and portfolio management solution.
The mPMO service gives you the tools and timelines for driving business agility, with a structure tailored to your organization and a toolkit stocked with custom content for execution follow-through. All deliverables are co-created with your team so they are invested in the transformation process. Recommended KPIs and quantitative measurements simplify how to measure success.
The core service delivers the following:
- Management Operating System (MOS), which, among its many sections, contains the overview and operating principles; capabilities, maturity and roadmap; usability and persona security; a PPM ecosystem process with rhythm; and reporting and integrations.
- Organizational Readiness Approach (ORA), which includes approach and assumptions, including preferred methods. The ORA also includes key reusable artifacts, communications plan, training strategies, communications tools and contacts, and the communications calendar and cadence. You’ll also receive templates for general and targeted communications, and a persona-based map for communications and training.
As part of the process, CA mPMO experts may complete and share the following:
- PPM Maturity Assessment
- Business Process Requirements (BPR)
- Foundational System Requirements (FSR) for Organizational Readiness
The mPMO plan considers out-of-the-box and common use tool or solution capabilities, which makes it easier to make progress.
Select only the service components you need, with mix-and-match compatibility between each one. This flexibility gives you more control based on your priorities, team availability and budget.
More About the Modern PMO
- CA Services PPM Insights blog: “Enable adoption when implementing organizational readiness” Part 1 Part 2
- Modern PMO white papers, videos, research and Modern PMO blog series here
- Dowload The Need for a Modern PMO white paper