CA Workload Automation M3A Service activities are focused on the tasks or functions needed to maintain and manage the service levels of your CA Workload Automation environments. These activities include:
M3A Startup Activities
- Initial Interview—Establishes the basic understanding of the CA Workload Automation environments
- Initial Inventory—Gathers key job streams, schedule reviews and business processes that can be used to build an inventory of your current workload scheduling environment
- Initial Performance Baseline—Gathers key CA Workload Automation environment reports that can be used to build a performance baseline and resource consumption model
- Initial Site Report—Produces a baseline of the CA Workload Automation administration environments
M3A Daily Activities
These are designed to be flexible, to meet your operational schedule.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance and problem resolution, user assistance issue fixes, production control support, request and change management
- Review current system activity to determine if any service level issues exist
- Review recent activity logs to discover open issues, waits and other interruptions or job failures that may have occurred in the runtime environment
- General maintenance activity including changes or deletions to job definitions, schedules and job streams, fixes and patches, programming support and consulting
M3A Monthly Activities
These revisit the various startup measurement activities and update the CA Workload Automation environment baselines demonstrating the value delivered by the M3A service.
- Produce updated site report to show the current state compared to the initial implementation.
- Performance tuning, knowledge transfer
Prerequisite M3A Activities
CA Workload Automation M3A Service activities require that the CA Workload Automation environments be at a supported release with access to the tools necessary to monitor and manage the environment. When M3A Services are delivered remotely, appropriate access will be required.
In addition to M3A providing administration and functional support of your CA Workload Automation environment to solve resource issues, CA Education can provide a longerterm solution. If desired, CA can help develop your next generation of mainframers with training and education ranging from the Mainframe e-Learning Library to Mainframe Academy. Learn more.
To learn more about CA Workload Automation M3A Service or to speak with CA Technologies about how you can leverage this service for your organization, please contact your CA Technologies Account Manager.