App Developer Magazine – Richard Harris – 7/21/17
Results from a CA Technologies global study reveal that while 75 percent of organizations highlight continuous testing as critical or important, only a minority of survey respondents have made exceptional progress acquiring the necessary knowledge and key enablers to drive digital transformation. The 20 percent of survey respondents identified as continuous testing ‘Leaders’ enjoy a boost to software delivery speed, quality and efficiency, resulting in a better return on investments for continuous delivery.
According to the study, “Continuous Testing as a Digital Business Enabler”, leaders were:
- 2.3x more likely to have succeeded in left-shifting testing activity;
- 2.6x more likely to reduce defects by more than 50 percent;
- 2.4x more confident in quality of output;
- 1.9x more confident in speed of delivery; and
- Leaders were also 3.9x more likely to be working in an organization exhibiting rapid revenue growth.
“As organizations build their modern software factories, it is important not to sacrifice quality in the quest for ever greater speed and efficiency in business growth and success,” said Jeff Scheaffer, general manager, Continuous Delivery, CA Technologies. “Software quality and testing is becoming everyone’s responsibility and it is incumbent that business and IT management ensure everyone is appropriately enabled - business analysts, developers, release managers and operations professionals all play role in the quality chain.”