CA Technologies contributed to the “Roadmap,” which offers recommendations to the Federal government on how to adopt cloud computing technologies. The report also provides steps for the development of public policies to help drive United States cloud innovation and spur economic growth.
The report is divided into four broad themes that are critical enablers of the cloud:
1. Trust: building trust into cloud solutions with strong identity management and other technologies;
2. Transparency: fostering transparency in the delivery of cloud solutions by providers;
3. Transformation: enabling transformation through changes in federal acquisition and budgeting to take advantage of unique cloud traits; and,
4. Transnational data flow: addressing data sovereignty and privacy challenges that could limit growth of cloud adoption.
“CA Technologies is honored to have served on this important Commission,” said Adam Famularo, general manager, Cloud Solutions, CA Technologies and a commissioner on the CLOUD2 panel. “The issues addressed in the Commission’s recommendations will help increase trust in the cloud and accelerate adoption both in the public and private sectors. We also expect the adoption of the recommendations will send a strong signal to other governments that, like the U.S., are looking to realize greater IT efficiency and agility through cloud computing.”
CA Technologies provided recommendations on:
1. Data and application portability: enabling organizations to have flexibility to move applications and workloads across public, private, and hybrid clouds, and between clouds and traditional IT environments;
2. Identity and access management (IAM): making it easier for agencies to procure and deploy IAM solutions; and,
3. Buyer’s Guide: helping demystify how government agencies can acquire and implement the right cloud solutions depending on each organization’s needs and priorities.
A full list of commissioners can be viewed online at http://www.techamericafoundation.org/cloud-commission-commissioners.
For more information about CA Technologies cloud computing offerings, visit:
• On the Web: http://www.ca.com/cloud
• The CA Cloud Storm Chasers Blog: http://community.ca.com/blogs/cloud
• @CA_Cloud on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CA_Cloud
• On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CATechnologies
• Cloud Commons Community: http://www.cloudcommons.com
About TechAmerica Foundation
TechAmerica Foundation educates executives, policymakers, opinion leaders, and the public on the size, scope, outlook, and impact of the technology industry and on policies that enable and promote technological innovations to advance prosperity, security, and the general welfare. Launched in 1981, the Foundation is a 501c(3) non-profit affiliate of TechAmerica, the leading voice and resource for the U.S. technology industry. The Foundation disseminates award-winning industry, policy, and market research covering topics such as U.S. competitiveness in a global economy, innovation in government, government IT forecasts, technology employment and international trade indicators, and other areas of national interest. It also organizes conferences and seminars to explore pertinent issues with government and industry representatives and to share the Foundation’s findings.