“This report demonstrates how we, as a company, have improved our sustainability efforts to positively affect our planet, our business, and the communities where we live,” said Cynthia Curtis, vice president and chief sustainability officer, CA Technologies. “We believe integrating sustainability into our operations is smart business. It enables greater efficiencies, fosters innovation and creates thriving environments for our employees. It is simply the right thing to do.”
“We are committed, as a business, to delivering innovative solutions to the market and see sustainability as a catalyst to helping us do that,” Curtis continued. “And by collaborating with our employees, partners and customers, we can advance these efforts more quickly.”
CA Technologies is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and physical to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments, enabling customers to deliver more flexible, agile IT services. CA ecoSoftware, the company’s energy, carbon and sustainability management solution, helps organizations reduce carbon emissions, manage natural resource consumption, cut energy costs and deliver on sustainability goals.
Highlights of the CA Technologies 2011 Sustainability Report include:
• Operations improvements that resulted in a carbon footprint reduction of 30 percent;
• Accreditation by the Carbon Disclosure Project as a carbon calculation partner and accredited provider;
• LEED Gold Certification for a new facility in India and a commitment to green leases for rental properties;
• Reduced paper consumption by 16.3 million pages through a print management system implemented in the U.S.;
• Virtualization of development labs which led to the elimination of 6,200 metric tons of carbon emissions and a savings of $16 million in energy and real estate costs;.
• Leveraged use of CA ecoSoftware to reduce energy consumption;
• Ranked one of the top 50 greenest companies in the U.S. by Newsweek magazine; and,
• Increased participation rate in the company’s Flexible Workplace Program – 30 percent of staff based in North America are currently enrolled in the program, as compared to a 5 percent in 2005.
CA Technologies community involvement and philanthropic programs are also featured in the report. CA Together, the company’s global community affairs program, is driven by a core philanthropic focus of improving the lives of underserved children and communities around the world. CA Technologies supports programs in the areas of education and technology, health and community, diversity, and the environment.
The CA Technologies Sustainability Report is measured against the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) indicators and United Nations Global Compact principals. The company welcomes feedback on this report and encourages action from key stakeholders, including employees, customers and community members Comments can be directed to email@example.com.