In Forrester’s evaluation of 10 top client management suite vendors, CA Technologies received the highest scores in the categories of Architecture and Strategy. The company tied with other vendors for the highest scores in Planned Product Enhancements, Sustainable Differentiation and Value, Key Technology Partners, and Services.
According to the report, “CA Client Automation offers strong core and extended client management functionality across the board and is a particularly good fit for larger organizations that can benefit from CA's portfolio approach. Customers report that the CA solution scales well to large, distributed environments, with a hierarchical architecture, efficient payload distribution, and DMZ Gateway. CA also offers the only advanced management capabilities for VMware View in the Wave, which allows customers to manage hybrid physical and hosted virtual desktop environments with the same solution. It also provides a process automation engine and an advanced analytics solution. The solution features excellent power management and green IT reporting and has other key strengths in OS migration and system rollback.”
Mike Sargent, general manager, Enterprise Management, CA Technologies, commented, “CA Client Automation is a core component of our solutions that transform business service delivery by automating end-to-end workflows and processes for scale and efficiency. CA Client Automation’s support for both physical and virtual environments helps accelerate delivery of consistently high quality services and simplify management of the increasingly heterogeneous and complex computing environments found in today’s modern businesses.”
Vendor solutions were evaluated against 62 criteria and met the following conditions:
• A solution that delivers core client management capabilities including software, systems, and OS management, OS migration, patch, policy, remote control, and built-in reporting;
• A generally available product and a recent major release of the product;
• Forrester client inquiry activity – frequent mentions by Forrester clients or the subject of a substantial number of inquiries;
• Revenue and business relationship – a minimum of US $100 million in annual revenue; and
• Additional functionality in related areas – i.e. security policy management, mobile device management, hybrid physical/virtual management.
*Forrester Research, Inc., The Forrester Wave™ Enterprise Client Management Suites, Q2 2012,” May 16, 2012.