In the “KuppingerCole Leadership Compass” report, CA Technologies was named a leader in market, product, innovation and overall strength. The report specifically examined the CA Identity Manager™ solution, which helps improve IT operational efficiency and effectiveness by providing a scalable and configurable identity management foundation in the context of customers’ unique business roles and processes.
The report evaluated 22 identity provisioning products in five key areas and was written by Martin Kuppinger, founder and principal analyst at KuppingerCole.
CA Identity Manager was rated a “Strong Positive” in the areas of Security and Functionality, and it received a “Positive” rating in Functionality, Integration, Interoperability and Usability.
“CA Technologies is amongst the largest infrastructure software vendors worldwide and offers a broad portfolio of products in the IAM market segment, including CA Identity Manager,” Kuppinger wrote in the report. “The current version is well integrated and provides the full feature set to be expected from Identity Provisioning solutions.”
Kuppinger also stated, “Based on the long history of the product and the market position of CA Technologies, it is no surprise that CA has done a large number of deployments of CA Identity Manager. As a consequence, there is – besides a mature and rich feature set – a number of additional solutions from CA Services available which add to this functionality.”
“The KuppingerCole report clearly articulates the value proposition and comparative strength of both our company and our specific identity management capabilities across the most critical areas,” said Mike Denning, general manager, Security, CA Technologies. “We are proud of this latest industry analyst recognition and the added confidence it provides our customers who rely on us to protect their business with the richest, most comprehensive identity and access management portfolio in the market.”
For more information on the report, please visit the KuppingerCole website. To hear a webcast with Martin Kuppinger and CA Technologies on identity management and governance and how to succeed in switching vendors to meet emerging requirements, register here. To learn more about CA Technologies Identity and Access Management solutions, visit http://www.ca.com/us/it-security-solutions.aspx.
For additional analyst reports in which CA Technologies was positioned as a “Leader”, visit:
• Forrester Research, Inc., "The Forrester Wave™ Risk-Based Authentication, Q1 2012," February 15, 2012.
• Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for User Authentication,” Ant Allan, January 17, 2012.*
• Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Governance,” Earl Perkins, Perry Carpenter, December 15, 2011. *
• Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for User Administration/Provisioning,” Perry Carpenter, Earl Perkins, December 22, 2011. *
* Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.