Click to tweet: Nimsoft Monitor Certified on VCE Vblock Infrastructure Platforms #ITSM #SaaS http://bit.ly/IiT6yy
Nimsoft Monitor delivers end-to-end performance and availability monitoring of Vblock Infrastructure Platforms at the hardware, network, storage, computing and application layers. By addressing the Vblock Infrastructure Platform as a whole—rather than as individual components—Nimsoft Monitor enables enterprises and service providers to quickly discover and address the root causes of issues that can adversely affect critical IT services.
A growing number of partners and customers―including HCL, MSN Communications, and MTI Technology Europe―have chosen Nimsoft Monitor to simplify and optimize management of Vblock™ Infrastructure Platforms deployments.
“Nimsoft Monitor delivers essential remote monitoring, event correlation and analysis capabilities,” said Mr. Kalyan Kumar, AVP and head-cross functional services, HCL ISD, HCL Technologies. “Its robust support for Vblock will enable end-to-end performance and availability monitoring of the network storage, compute and application layers in HCL clients’ infrastructures.”
Nimsoft Monitor can help customers maximize the business value of their investments in Vblock technology by:
• Reducing downtime with proactive problem notification, intelligent event correlation, automated recovery actions, and full SLA reporting;
• Enabling root-cause analysis for performance and availability problems anywhere across the entire Vblock platform’s stack of technologies;
• Reducing deployment costs with auto-discovery of a Vblock platform’s topology, automatic configuration and pre-built, custom display templates;
• Improving Vblock platform resource allocation with automatic notification of free or under-utilized resources―as well as over-use of available network, CPU or disk capacity;
• Quantifying the value delivered by the Vblock infrastructure through granular usage reporting; and
• Integrating monitoring of a Vblock platform’s resources with other cloud and/or traditional resources in the IT environment.
Nimsoft Monitor is aligned with VCE’s performance portability features and is able to adjust its monitoring with customers’ workloads. By utilizing its multi-tenant, flexible and dynamic unified monitoring architecture, IT staff members can transfer the monitoring of Vblock platform environments to one or more clients at any time through a single interface―without disruption or loss of data. The inherent portability of the Nimsoft solution gives both enterprise customers and service providers unprecedented flexibility when it comes to building, hosting and managing cloud resources.
“Vblock Infrastructure Platforms offer the ability to substantially drive down technology ownership costs while dramatically improving technology value,” said Mark Frost, general manager, Nimsoft Solutions Group. “Nimsoft is helping customers spearhead the cloud infrastructure revolution with SaaS monitoring functionality that is ideally suited for today’s relentlessly changing IT monitoring requirements.”
Nimsoft Monitor is a component of Nimsoft Unified Manager, a multi-tenant IT Management as-a-Service solution that combines industry-leading infrastructure monitoring and ready- to-use ITIL®-based service management.