CA Technologies was the only ITMS megavendor in the report to receive a “gold star” and was cited as “a solid A student of the ITMS market.”
According to the report’s authors, CA Technologies:
- Has the “largest and broadest portfolio” in the ITMS market
- Has successfully executed an acquisition strategy to “build innovative and complete solutions to address the whole life cycle of service management and automation”
- Effectively uses its unified service model approach to create solutions that “should appeal to the large enterprises going through a transformation cycle and that use IT as a source of innovation”
- Offers a long-term strategy for cloud and mobility
- Is the only megavendor with a clear strategy for smaller enterprises
In addition, the report asserts that CA Technologies “must be considered one of the pillars of ITMS,” “has shown an ability to transcend the megavendor innovation stigma” and “understands how the market evolves.”
“It is extremely rewarding to have an independent firm like Forrester Research offer what we consider to be such positive observations about the work we have done on behalf of our customers and our stakeholders,” said John Michelsen, chief technology officer, CA Technologies. “We believe this report is not only a validation of our strategy and execution, but also additional empirical evidence that we are outperforming our competitors across multiple dimensions.”
To receive a complimentary copy of the Forrester report, please click here.
*Market Overview: The Four Megavendors In IT Management Software, Q3 2013, by Courtney Bartlett and Jean-Pierre Garbani, August 16, 2013.