Awards and winners were presented in the following categories:
The Vision Award – for success in developing and demonstrating a clear vision to managing the overall success of an enterprise.
- Garanti Teknoloji for leveraging integrated CA solutions for application development, software change management, application performance management, security, network management and database monitoring to grow their business while better controlling costs.
- Ricoh Americas Corporation for their innovative use of CA PPM technology to support the company’s strategic vision to empower customers to successfully adapt to the evolving enterprise landscape with solutions and services that enable true information mobility.
- Swisscom for accelerating the launch of innovative, cloud-based, digital TV services using CA Release Automation.
The Impact Award – for results from improved management, especially in terms of productivity, financial benefits, quality improvements or customer satisfaction.
- Energy Future Holdings for using a CA Technologies solution to improve its business velocity through improved and seamless access to business applications and data by internal users and partners.
- Santa Clara County Social Services Agency for its use of CA Service Desk Manager to improve the quality of service provided to citizens in need of financial and protective aid services.
- TESCO for bringing development and operations teams closer by implementing CA Application Performance Management and CA Unified Infrastructure Management tools to reduce costs and safeguard availability tools to reduce costs, and CA Release Automation tools to cut release times from weeks to days.
The Progress Award – for implementation success or process improvements. Initiatives in this category, even if not complete, demonstrate excellent planning or communications and project success.
- Molina Healthcare for using a wide range of CA solutions to better structure its DevOps organization to increase mean time to repair issues by 77 percent and reduce application release times by 75 percent.
- Polycom for using CA PPM to connect 1,100 users across China, India, Israel, Canada and the USA with roll out, education and user adoption – all completed in less than a year.
- Rogers Communications for using CA Identity Manager to manage APIs for customer identities and entitlements to automatically provision more than 6 million users.
- State of Oregon Enterprise Technology Services for using CA Automation, CA Storage Management and CA Database Management solutions to enhance customer experiences.
“We are in the middle of a business revolution where consumers across the globe expect to interact with products, services and companies through software,” said John Michelsen, chief technology officer, CA Technologies. “We are proud to recognize our customers who are pushing the envelope to invent new ways to grow their businesses and improve customer experiences.”
Award winners leverage CA solutions across a variety of technology areas, including Security, DevOps, Service Management, Project & Portfolio Management (PPM), Infrastructure Management, Application Performance Management, Application Delivery, and Mainframe.