New Solution Challenges Traditional Products To Unlock SaaS Value
A recent Gartner survey* of early-ITSM SaaS adopters specifically stated the following:
• When implementing SaaS-based IT service desk solutions, customization and integration are the most common problems.
• Infrastructure and operations organizations report that SaaS solutions are not quicker to implement than on-premises solutions.
• I&O organizations report that SaaS solutions have not led to a reduction in staff supporting the tool.
CA Cloud Service Management was built to address these challenges and drive sustained value for IT teams and end users. Key benefits include:
• An intuitive and elegant user interface with modern search and collaboration
• A rich mobile experience for end users to request services, assets and support from any device
• True “drag-and-drop” workflows that can be built in minutes
• Dynamic “in-app” guidance that accelerates initial setup
• Asset management and discovery
• Advanced, self-service reporting and dashboards
“Solutions like CA Cloud Service Management can deliver on the promise of SaaS ITSM by focusing on efficiently meeting the core needs of user personas rather than a sophisticated technical platform that’s difficult to maintain and upgrade,” said Robert Young, Research Manager, Enterprise System Management Software, IDC.
CA Cloud Service Management became available on May 30. Beta testers and users have provided favorable feedback:
“Initially we were concerned that CA had under scoped the solution implementation for one of our major customers, but we quickly learned that CA Cloud Service Management’s unique approach had eliminated much of the traditional development work associated with service management implementations,” said Carey Blunt, Global Service Desk Chief Architect, Fujitsu. “CA Cloud Service Management is functionally-rich and easy-to-implement, with standardized and preconfigured ITMaaS capabilities that breathe fresh air into the ITSM market.”
“All too often, sound service management adoption suffers with sophisticated solutions that may be stacked with features but are just too difficult to use and costly to maintain,” said Dan Timko, president and Chief Technology Officer of Cirrity. “CA Cloud Service Management gave us the capabilities we needed to service our customers while also allowing for an accelerated implementation and time to value.”
“We’ve come to rely on CA Technologies for feature-rich yet easy-to-use service management functionality that makes IT life easy for us and our growing customer base,” said Krishna Prasad, CSO at UST Global.
“We have been a CA Cloud Service Management customer for several years and are very excited to be a part of the product’s evolution,” said Nathan Unsworth, EUC Practice Lead at CSS Corp. “As an MSP, a key factor to our success with the platform has been its usage simplicity and ‘less than one full-time employee’ approach to configuration, deployment, and on-going management.”
CA Cloud Service Management further expands CA Technologies Management Cloud offerings launched earlier this year with the industry’s first, comprehensive Management Cloud for Mobility
– a suite for mobile content, application and device management delivered as a cloud service.
*Gartner “Survey Analysis: How to Interpret SaaS-based IT service desk tool myths, reality and recommendations”, Jeffrey Brooks, Jarod Greene, Chris Matchett, October 8, 2013.
• Demo and Free Trial
• Live launch webinar with Gartner on June 17, at noon ET entitled “Increase IT Self-Service Adoption & Satisfaction
• Product Data Sheet