The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law.
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by CA infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send CA a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address
- Sufficient detail identifying the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed
- Identification of the material that you claim to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to allow CA to locate the material on the Site
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law such as “I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.”
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed such as “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by CA against you, the DMCA permits you to send CA a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see https://www.copyright.gov/ for details.
All claims of copyright infringement for the Site should be addressed to:
One CA Plaza
Islandia, NY 11749
Attn: Lead IP Counsel
By telephone: (631) 342-6000
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org