The Security Imperative: Driving Business Growth in the App Economy
How to increase business growth through identity-centric security.
The app economy has changed the face of IT security. The dividing line between the inside and outside of the enterprise has all but dissolved and customers and employees have come to expect seamless, always-on access, on whichever device or platform they’re using.
Traditional IT security strategies will no longer work in this complex climate. Organizations must be able to authenticate highly distributed identities from multiple sources, while maintaining a frictionless user experience. This demands a new, identity-centric approach to security. One that uses context, behavioral analytics and more predictive approaches to deliver a compelling customer experience, while protecting identities and data.
To learn more, CA Technologies commissioned Coleman Parkes Research to survey 1,770 senior business and IT executives, including more than 100 CSOs and CISOs, to examine what advanced users of identity-centric security do differently, and what impact their security is having on their businesses.
Our analysis revealed that:
- 83% agree they need to balance strong security with enabling the business
- 82% say identity-centric security is critical to their business, yet only 25% can be considered advanced users of it
- Twice as many advanced users of identity-centric security have seen a reduction in data breaches compared to basic users–41% versus 21%.
- 76% of advanced users of identity-centric security have seen improvement in customer experience
- Advanced users have seen a 47% improvement in new business growth and a 45% improvement in customer satisfaction
Our findings make a compelling business case for a new model of digital security and provide an actionable checklist of seven critical steps you should be taking now to modernize your security for the app economy.