When defining a job under the CA Workload Automation DE product using the Desktop Client, applications and event names are saved under the individuals personal logon account, unless said user manually changes the prefix. Once it is saved to the database, neither the event prefix nor the event name can be modified. However, below is a process that addresses the situation and allows the end-user to resolve this issue.
Is it possible to modify the event prefix or event name of an event in CA Workload Automation DE?
While it is not possible to modify the event prefix or event name of an event, the end-user can create a new event and substitute it for the "incorrectly named" event prefix/name. Here is the process for doing so:
- In the Desktop Client, navigate to the Services perspective and double-click Events. This will open the Events panel.
- Search for the desired event in question by filtering by event name.
- Double-click on the resulting event to display its properties.
- Right click anywhere in the Events panel and choose the appropriate event type.
- Provide the proper "Event Prefix" and "Event Name" to name your event according to your requirements.
- Mirror the properties of the event in terms of schedule, java script, application parameters, etc.
- Save the event.
- Download the application from the DE server and validate that your new event is associated with the application. Use this time to delete the old event from the application definition.
- Delete the old event.