This document details the required steps to manually install CA Client Automation agents on
UNIX based platforms. This is useful when the use of the CA Client Automation Deployment
Wizard cant be used. This procedure is also applicable when firewalls and or UNIX Security
restrictions can't be altered to meet the Deployment Wizards requirements listed in the
CA Implementation Guide.
What are the steps to manually install CA Client Automation on UNIX ?
To manually install UNIX agents on a system, do the following:
1. Browse DVD #2 of CA Client Automation and copy the agent folder from under the platform folder.
For example, if you are installing on Linux, you would copy the folder ...\LinuxProductFiles_x86\agent
to the target system in a temp folder via FTP in binary mode to avoid corruption.
2. Login using the root username and password.
3. Browse the agent folder once it copies over and locate the binary installdsm.
4. Run the command chmod 755 installdsm.
5. Run "./installdsm" and follow the prompts.
You can review the ca-dsm.log located in the /tmp directory for details.
For Linux and some other version of UNIX:
Please review the CA Client Automation Guide for more details of the install prerequisites.
EG: Linux requires the 32 bit libraries as documented in the technical document:
There are other platforms that require other prerequisites and they are listed in the CA ITCM
Implementation Guide on page 103 which is located in the \DOC subdirectory folder on DVD # 2/.