When opening a project in the Microsoft Project (MSP) New Driver, task durations are exported incorrectly if the base calendar is not set to 8 hour per day shifts.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Launch MSP stand alone, close all opened projects including "Project 1", go to Options > Schedule > set hours per day to 7 hours and hours per week to 35. Close MSP
- Set the PPM Base calendar to 7.5 hours per day:
- Log in to CA PPM > Administration > Project Management > Base Calendars > locate the site calendar marked as "Base calendar"
- Go to "Edit Calendar Exception" tab
- Select all weekdays by clicking on the checkbox on the weekday columns: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
- Click 'Set Shifts'
- Change the shifts so that there are 7 hours for a day. For instance, set the first shift to start from 8:30 AM instead of 8 AM
- Save and Return
- Create a project in PPM
- Create a one day task on the project
- Open the project in MSP
Expected Result: Task has a 1 day duration matching PPM
Actual Result: Task has a duration of 1.07, finishing at 9AM the following day
This issue is caused by CLRT-79717/DE33790
In CA PPM 15.1, this has been fixed in 15.1 patch 6. For all other impacted releases, this issue is still under investigation as DE33790.
Adjust the task duration to match that of CA PPM before saving from MSP
Reference the Customer Reported Defect Resolution Policy for CA PPM