This document would explain a way to exclude the job failure alerts from the agent_job_failure checkpoint for sqlserver probe
When we have multiple jobs running on sqlserver probe where we would not need all of them to be monitored and need to exclude them from monitoring though the jobs are failing.
How to use regex pattern in exclude list for agent_job_failure checkpoint
1. Created four jobs in SQL Server and job runs for every 2 minutes
2. Configured agent_job_failure checkpoint with threshold of 5 minutes and check_interval as 2 minutes.
3. Below are the alarms raised for the job failures.
4. Adding regex to exclude the particular job for monitoring using this checkpoint. Where we need to exclude based on the object type however we do not have feasibility of filtering using job name currently, which would be an IDEA or enhancement request in communities.ca.com
5. We need to click "yes" to restart the probe after the changes.
6. Job alerts showing after enabling the exclude list.
How to submit an Idea (Feature Request) to the CA UIM User Communities